DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Postby Wedgeguy » October 22nd, 2014, 8:35 am

I think the controversy of the Peavey Plaza is dulling his star here in MPLS.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » October 22nd, 2014, 8:44 am

Strib building asbestos cleanup recommended for one of seven Met Council TOD grants
http://finance-commerce.com/2014/10/sev ... od-grants/
A $1 million site cleanup grant for Ryan Cos. US. Inc.’s Downtown East development near the future Minnesota Vikings stadium in Minneapolis will cover asbestos abatement in the former Star Tribune building before demolition. Ryan plans a 133-unit apartment building with up to 2,000 square feet of retail and a four-acre park.
:shock:

UrbWave
City Center

Postby UrbWave » October 23rd, 2014, 2:37 pm

Does anyone know what month in 2015 they will start demolition of the Star Tribune Building?

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 23rd, 2014, 2:56 pm

Does anyone know what month in 2015 they will start demolition of the Star Tribune Building?
Strib story on their move
When it takes over nearly three floors of Capella’s adjoining Park Building, Minnesota’s largest media outlet will have a new home in the heart of downtown. The 20-story edifice will be renamed the Star Tribune Building; the move is expected to be completed by mid-2015.
It would seem sometime in late summer.

nfschauer
Nicollet Mall

Postby nfschauer » November 7th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Some info about the 3 finalists for landscaping the yard. Never heard of any of these 3 companies. I wonder if some are more focused on greenery and turf while some may be focused on sculptures or mini structures around the park.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/281786551.html

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » November 7th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Some info about the 3 finalists for landscaping the yard. Never heard of any of these 3 companies. I wonder if some are more focused on greenery and turf while some may be focused on sculptures or mini structures around the park.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/281786551.html
I think this got posted elsewhere too... but if you don't know Julie snow... you need to look her up.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 5th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Are they doing some sort of hiatus with the FW twins. Looks like that are not pouring the elevator towers past the 11th floor now. Is this due to the concrete shortage and they are waiting for prices to go down and just work on the steel for now? IT all seems very weird as to how this is progressing.

sanguinic
Metrodome

Postby sanguinic » December 7th, 2014, 10:33 am

Some really unfortunate precast concrete facade panels just appeared on the 5th Av. side of Wells Fargo tower, framing what appears to be a doorway, window or other opening. If the two WF towers are going to be clad in that flat, monochromatic material, they're going to be the Multifoods Towers of 2015.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/sangu ... b.jpg.html

uptown067
Metrodome

Postby uptown067 » December 7th, 2014, 11:22 am

Some really unfortunate precast concrete facade panels just appeared on the 5th Av. side of Wells Fargo tower, framing what appears to be a doorway, window or other opening. If the two WF towers are going to be clad in that flat, monochromatic material, they're going to be the Multifoods Towers of 2015.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/sangu ... b.jpg.html
I believe the apartments are going to be built in front of that portion. If you look at the webcams, its clear the office portion is set pretty far back from the street and that the apartments will be built later on.

sanguinic
Metrodome

Postby sanguinic » December 7th, 2014, 11:42 am

Yes, the concrete panels that you refer to, on the 4th Street side of the building, will be covered by apartments. I'm referring to the precast concrete panels -- they're tinted a dark mud -- on the 5th Av. side of the building, on the first level of the building; they abut the much taller concrete panels that you're referring to.

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » December 8th, 2014, 6:47 am

Apartments will go on the 3rd St side of the towers, not the 4th St side.

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/the+yard.jpg

sanguinic
Metrodome

Postby sanguinic » December 8th, 2014, 6:56 am

Apartments are going on both sides of the towers. On the 4th St. side, they are the small four-story buildings wedged between 4th St. and the towers, and they will overlook the park. The west tower's 4th St. apartment building can clearly be seen at :55 on this video and the east tower's 4th St. apartment building can be seen at :58. (On 3rd St., the apartment buildings are the four-story U-shaped structures between 3rd St. and the towers.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtRoroOhXc

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » December 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Thanks, I had forgotten that!

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » December 10th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Sooo, I just noticed that suddently Phorio says these buildings will be 14 floors when it said 19 on that site previously. Yet they haven't changed the height in meters. Maybe just a weird glitch? It doesn't seem to show any other under construction buildings at their current height though, and I don't think these are up to 14 yet? Confusing.

http://en.phorio.com/east_village,_east ... ted_states

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » December 10th, 2014, 11:23 pm

sanguinic
Metrodome

Postby sanguinic » December 11th, 2014, 7:06 am

Ryan says that the two towers are 17 stories:

http://www.ryancompanies.com/projects/downtown-east/

nickmgray
Union Depot

Postby nickmgray » December 11th, 2014, 8:40 am

I think it depends on how you are counting floors. The residential portion that will wrap the building will have shorter floors which won't match those of the office tower. You can see from that latest picture here in the thread that floors one and two of the office tower are extremely tall, but that would most likely account for 3 floors of the residential portion. Also, there could be a discrepancy between occupied floors and floors used for mechanical purposes.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » December 11th, 2014, 9:23 am

The residential portion is in front....not connected to the office portion. The floors you see now are all office.

Oh, nevermind, I see what you mean. Anyway, yes, the height of these is confusing. I have seen 17, 19, 20 (that random 14 on phorio). I am just wondering if the 301 feet is correct. I have seen all these different floor counts but only that height from the beginning. I feel like they are going to be more like 260 feet.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » December 11th, 2014, 12:51 pm

300 feet, 6 inches according to the plans approved in late 2013. No reason to believe those have changed.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 16th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Walking by this project today, the first floor of offices will be the 4th floor. Floors 1,2, and 3 will pretty much be hidden by the residential buildings that front the street. They are currently working on the 8th floor of the west tower and maybe portions of the 4th and 5th on the east tower. The devil in the detail will fall on the apartment towers for a good street presence. So if they are 17 stories then there are 10 yet to be built and 7 more floor of elevator shaft to get poured for completion.