Patrick's Lounge site (1318 Larpenteur Ave W)

The Most Livable City in America™
mulad

Patrick's Lounge site (1318 Larpenteur Ave W)

Postby mulad » October 19th, 2013, 9:32 pm

Patrick's Lounge along Larpenteur on the edge of St. Paul, next to Mac's Fish & Chips, has been demolished. Judging by the site permits, it had gone vacant by June of last year.

Street View link

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Patrick's Lounge site (1318 Larpenteur Ave W)

Postby mamundsen » October 19th, 2013, 11:17 pm

I questioned this in the St Paul Restaurants thread. I can't find any info about what is going on. Do you see plans for the future?

fivehundy
Block E

Postby fivehundy » November 4th, 2013, 9:04 pm

O'Reilly Auto is building a new store there… http://content.govdelivery.com/attachme ... enteur.pdf

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » November 4th, 2013, 10:37 pm

This is disappointing. I am assuming this is a relocation of the store that is in the strip mall a few blocks away. I was hoping for a new restaurant.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 4th, 2013, 11:25 pm

You can fully count on O'Reilly to put its windowless back or side to Larpenteur and have all doors facing a giant parking lot. St. Paul will be lucky to get any building edge pulled up to the street. O'Reilly prefers to tuck the building as far back from the street as possible. I get that it's an auto parts store and 99.9% of customers will drive, but that's not the point. The point is urban context and a putting a building edge close to the sidewalk. I realize there is pretty much zero traditional urban form in this area, but you gotta start somewhere, otherwise the next redevelopment won't do it either, or the next, etc.

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » November 5th, 2013, 9:02 am

One of the nicer gas stations / auto shops in the Twin Cities (as far as urban form goes) is located in, of all places, Eden Prairie. The Bobby and Steve's shop near the EP Mall fronts the street, tucks the parking behind the storefront, and you can walk to the EP Mall, Old Chicago, or the Brunswick Zone while you're getting your oil changed, if you're brave.

http://goo.gl/maps/ORghR