The Station on Washington - (630 Washington Avenue SE)

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Re: The Station on Washington - (630 Washington Avenue SE)

Postby mamundsen » July 12th, 2013, 9:47 am

Wouldn't it be worse if it was a white background with a big red W?

I love going to Vegas and buying beer at the CVS/Walgreens/whatever along the strip. Talk about convenient!

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » July 12th, 2013, 11:26 am

I have been to the Wicker Park store. It was pretty impressive!

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » July 23rd, 2013, 12:27 pm

The sidewalk in front of this project (along Washington Mall) is now open. Previously, pedestrians were detoured onto the EB traffic lane of the Mall, so I'm cautiously optimistic that, with that lane now unencumbered, the WATM can be re-opened to buses by the beginning of Fall semester. (I also seem to recall that the email which announced the Pillsbury & Pleasant roundabout experiment also made mention of something like "once buses are re-routed off of Pleasant" (paraphrasing) in the near future.) Of course, if the 301 Walnut (Sally's) development also blocks off the sidewalk, that could throw a wrench into the Mall opening to buses.

On a side note, this building is almost indistinguishable from the Stadium Village Flats when approaching either building from the east - convenience store in the corner, arcade slightly elevated above the sidewalk, large full-length windows along the Washington Ave frontage. If you removed the C-store logos, it could be a fun game to see if you could differentiate between the two.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » July 26th, 2013, 10:17 pm

From this Tuesday:
The Station on Washington by MSPdude, on Flickr
My flickr photos.

Tom H.
US Bank Plaza

Postby Tom H. » August 21st, 2013, 8:57 am

While walking past this morning, it appears as though U of M Market (in the small one-story just west of this building) may be closing up shop. If true, I'm not surprised - they were never going to be able to compete against a CVS and a Walgreens within 2 blocks.

minnyapple
Nicollet Mall

Postby minnyapple » November 9th, 2013, 11:35 am

This project was completed in September and Opus recently sold it. Article http://finance-commerce.com/2013/11/opu ... for-30-8m/