Search found 253 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Dock Street Residential Development

Do we have a comprehensive plan for the Interchange we may need 50 years from now? How many platforms, etc? Take that plan, set aside what is needed, and allow Hines to build on air rights above the platform areas. Help defray the difference in cost between the current proposal and one that is rail-...
by mattaudio
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am

Forum: Minneapolis - Downtown
Topic: Dock Street Residential Development
Replies: 43
Views: 3318

Re: Peavey Plaza Redesign

In my dream city, Peavey Plaza redevelopment would be an ideal time to build the shell of a Peavey Plaza/11th Street LRT station underneath Nicollet Mall, serving two lines (Rosedale-Nicollet Ave S, and Central Ave-Uptown-Southdale)
:)
by mattaudio
Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 am

Topic: Peavey Plaza Redesign
Replies: 114
Views: 4210

Re: Northeast Diagonal Corridor

I really hope the BNSF corridor remains for commuter/regional rail and station access (in addition to freight obviously) but instead we use Hennepin or 1st for LRT. Seems like this would be a logical extension of a Nicollet Ave / Nicollet Mall corridor. Maybe someday it could be cut and cover and em...
by mattaudio
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 am

Forum: Transportation
Topic: Northeast Diagonal Corridor
Replies: 21
Views: 3474

Re: Vikings Stadium Development

What would Minneapolis be losing out on by giving up a stadium? Doesn't seem like much to me.... wasting tons of potentially urban and vibrant land for maybe 16 games a year. I'm not trying to get all political by saying that, but I'm genuinely wondering what advantage a downtown stadium has other t...
by mattaudio
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Topic: Vikings Stadium Development
Replies: 2592
Views: 201629

Re: Vikings Stadium Development

As a Minneapolitan, I'm thankful this committee stuck up for my interests even when my city council wouldn't.
by mattaudio
Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 am

Topic: Vikings Stadium Development
Replies: 2592
Views: 201629

Re: Park/Portland Aves.

I use Park and Portland every day, and they are convenient. But I think if they were converted back to a street that fits the neighborhood instead of a quasi-freeway, I'd simply end up either driving a few blocks west to use 35W or I'd use one of the many north/south collectors such as Bloomington o...
by mattaudio
Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Topic: Park/Portland Aves.
Replies: 60
Views: 1360

Re: Lafayette Bridge

Does most traffic heading across the bridge for downtown turn left at 7th? Or exit to 94 west then exit at 12th Street? I figured most traffic turns left at 7th. This new layout will work well at first, but in the future when the grid is built out it will require three left turns (New Kittson Street...
by mattaudio
Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 am

Topic: Lafayette Bridge
Replies: 9
Views: 1286

Re: High-end open air mall in Eagan?

Wow that's so urban! Great TOD around the Cedar Grove station. :roll:
by mattaudio
Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:45 am

Forum: Suburbs
Topic: High-end open air mall in Eagan?
Replies: 9
Views: 558

Re: SW Corridor LRT

Yah, I think most people here are happy in a way that the proposed Nicollet/1st-Bryant route wasn't chosen. It was too half-**sed and might have interfered with future good transit in Uptown. The best option at this point would be to scrap the 21st Street station, and then the connection between Pen...
by mattaudio
Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

Topic: SW Corridor LRT
Replies: 1178
Views: 103670

Re: 600 Fifth St. N. Apartments

Surrounded by the viaduct, the "new" Holiday, and HERC? Hmmm.

Maybe HERC can go away :)

Edit: Also, I hope if development on this side of the viaduct continues, we could get some sort of connection between Washington and 5th street, between 6th Ave N and 10th Ave N.
by mattaudio
Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Topic: 600 Fifth St. N. Apartments
Replies: 14
Views: 898

Re: Minneapolis Multi-Modal Transit Center

Any news on stalling the Dock Street project to ensure that part of the trench is preserved for future station use?
by mattaudio
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Topic: Minneapolis Multi-Modal Transit Center
Replies: 314
Views: 36331

Re: Central Corridor LRT

I'm hoping for more of a direct connection between the 46th Street station and Downtown St. Paul. Even some sort of express/ltd peak hours from 46th/Hiawatha to St. Paul via 7th or Shepard would be ideal. This would help people that live close to crosstown buses in S. Mpls have quicker travel times ...
by mattaudio
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Topic: Central Corridor LRT
Replies: 2555
Views: 237318
Next

Return to advanced search