Thread Titles

Debugging - Report Issues - Suggestions
beykite
Nicollet Mall

Thread Titles

Postby beykite » December 13th, 2012, 11:34 pm

This may be a little nit picky... In the suburbs forum some post titles include city names, while others do not. Is there anyway we could streamline this? Example, make titles: "Colonnade Apartments- Golden Valley"

Also what are peoples thoughts on the way the titles at SSC work? How they include # of floors and status (under construction, approved, ect) Would anyone be interested in that here?

Viktor Vaughn
Target Field

Re: Thread Titles

Postby Viktor Vaughn » December 13th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Example, make titles: "Colonnade Apartments- Golden Valley"
I like that idea. Also, for the projects in Mpls and St Paul, it would help to have the addresses in their titles. There are so many projects going on, it can be hard to keep them straight by their names alone.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » December 14th, 2012, 12:54 am

Perhaps an expansion of moderatorship is in order, so we don't put too much strain on Nick...

*cough*

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » December 14th, 2012, 2:06 am

Not a fan of # of floors in the title, mainly because it doesn't matter.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » December 14th, 2012, 7:46 am

I think city is plenty.
Also there's a balance between using a forum as an organic discussion between a group of people, and a curated and organized information source. I think the current level of moderation is working well.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » December 14th, 2012, 12:28 pm

I'd kinda been thinking of making spectre000 a moderator in the St. Paul forum, and maybe perhaps making twincitizen a moderator for Uptown (because I know him IRL) but it would just be clerical, not editorial for posts and stuff. One standard is good as far as rules.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » December 30th, 2012, 10:34 pm

I'm doing a lot of cleaning up today. Some projects are hard to get a street address on. I think Hennepin County is in the process of updating parcels (we're at the end of the 2012 levy year, lots of stuff in is flux) and a lot of current developments were unsearchable on their website. StoneBridge condos, for example, is now one parcel but doesn't have any information.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » April 15th, 2013, 7:59 am

Can we leave the former thread name in for a few weeks for those of us who might not wade into other forums as much? It's so confusing to keep track of Orange7Fifty4 BlueNiner 44One etc if I haven't been following the thread.