DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Downtown East - Wells Fargo / Radisson Red / Edition Apt

Postby Nathan » September 1st, 2015, 8:51 am

The large metal cornice pieces are going up around the western wells Fargo tower. They're definitely a nice feature. Hopefully more details will help these buildings seem more substantial.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » September 1st, 2015, 2:34 pm

The stick parts are going up on the Commons side. It looks really funny right now, like someone is gluing chop sticks to a tower.

alleycat
Landmark Center

Postby alleycat » September 1st, 2015, 9:33 pm

Wells Fargo twins from today. Much better with the added details.

I'm way too lazy to post on here regularly, but here's a link to the photos I've been shooting of the area over the past few years.

http://alleycatmn.tumblr.com/tagged/Dow ... st-Project
Scottie B. Tuska
[email protected]

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » September 3rd, 2015, 10:39 pm

Was this missed on here? Didn't see it mentioned today.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/b ... lding.html

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 4th, 2015, 7:35 am

Was this missed on here? Didn't see it mentioned today.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/b ... lding.html
I made mention of it yesterday in one of my post. I hoped that they would do an exterior like that on the building as it would fit in with some of the older buildings along 3rd street. I would also hope that they would figure out some light wells like Thresher square and butler square to get some light into the interior of the building. I'll be happy with office/hotel along 3rd and residential along 4th.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » September 4th, 2015, 9:43 am

Considering as the vision of the City, Elliot Park, and Mill District neighborhoods is to make Portland Ave a walkable residential corridor (not necessarily codified fully, but that's the intent) then this should have a high activation level, Gehl Door Ratio, etc on the Portland Ave corner and blockface.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » September 12th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Tower crane parts were being taken down and away this afternoon. 5th Ave was closed for the task. Couldn't get close enough to see what else was shut down.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 13th, 2015, 7:38 am

Tower crane parts were being taken down and away this afternoon. 5th Ave was closed for the task. Couldn't get close enough to see what else was shut down.
Saw that the exterior construction elevators were off the front of the west tower. The glass is almost complete on that tower. The north lot on that tower looks ready to be turned into parking when they get the last of the exterior work completed. However the east tower north section has mounds of dirt which from where I was I could not tell if that was from work on the east tower or if they have started ground work for the new Radisson Red. Can anyone verify this or not. Also looks like they will be doing the two tower Editions in phases with one being constructed and the other constructed while the 1st 2 buildings are in the finishing work phase. Still trying to figure out the edition in the park and how it's ground level will be laid out and with apartments or retail?

contrast
Nicollet Mall

Postby contrast » September 13th, 2015, 8:32 pm

The north lot on that tower looks ready to be turned into parking when they get the last of the exterior work completed.
If they are hoping to break ground on the 4 story office building in spring or early summer per the article above, then they won't be putting in a parking lot only to rip it out in 6 months. If it costs nearly $3-5,000/ space to construct, they certainly can't charge $500/month for a surface lot and make their money back in 6 months.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » September 14th, 2015, 9:08 am

However the east tower north section has mounds of dirt which from where I was I could not tell if that was from work on the east tower or if they have started ground work for the new Radisson Red.
I'm an armature observer, but I thought it looked like they had started work on the Red when I went by last week.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » September 14th, 2015, 9:10 am

However the east tower north section has mounds of dirt which from where I was I could not tell if that was from work on the east tower or if they have started ground work for the new Radisson Red.
I'm an amateur observer, but I thought it looked like they had started work on the Red when I went by last week.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 14th, 2015, 9:26 am

Will be DT today for a Twins game. So I'll try and get up close and maybe if I can get a construction workers attention ask what is going on with the Red.

Looks like the Editions full website will not be up and running until sometime in October.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 14th, 2015, 9:36 pm

The dirt pile was from them digging up along the north side of the WF towers to put in auxiliary entrances to underground garages The west towers addition looks pretty complete. There are now just pouring the sub level footing for thing auxiliary building that sticks out from WF. There has been NO work done on the Red so far. Can't tell it they are putting on some finishing work to the MSFA parking garage or not. Thought it was supposed to be classy, But it looks like a bare parking garage with NO CLASS AT ALL! Another thing I noticed today is that the last segment of the skyway over the LRT to the stadium is now in place from the MSFA garage. Also there is glass enclosing the skyway over 5th from the Haaft garage to the west WF tower. They are about half way done with the skyway remodel and extension in the Haaft Ramp. Looks like they have started building the walls for the retail section on the east WF tower apartment building. Looks like most of the footings are poured for the east Edition so when they get those last 2 levels up on the west Edition, they can move right into doing the east Edition.
Last edited by Wedgeguy on September 14th, 2015, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 22nd, 2015, 7:44 pm

Krause Anderson may not be the only construction company moving into new headquarters. They are looking at the 4 story building that they would build behind WF west is a possible location for their offices. Doing so would help them to get that last plot of land developed and help to have some of the floor space filled so other tenants would be more eager to move in. You know if your landlord is in the building they will keep it up and you have a short distance to go with your complaints.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » September 22nd, 2015, 9:35 pm

Your last post is unclear.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 22nd, 2015, 10:53 pm

Your last post is unclear.
Ryan is possibly moving their offices into the 4 story building they plan to build behind WF west.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 29th, 2015, 5:32 pm

The Skyways over 5th, Portland, and Park are all enclose with glass now. They are adding something to the stadium skyway at the end Chicago end of it. So maybe they will have them enclosed by the first snow fall too. More exterior panels are being added to the parking garage. Still looks homely to me anyway.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 1st, 2015, 2:12 pm

The final upper floor of the Edition west is now complete. They just have to put on the roof and they can start with the façade work. Looks like Interior work is progressing with those units. The second level of the park Edition is now pretty much complete, level 3 should be going up very soon. The retail section of the east Edition is framed with the concrete supports. Once the roof is done on the west section, they will get going on the east section. The footings are poured and all looks ready to start.

Anyone heard when the ground breaking for the Rad Red will be taking place? I know they are still working on the east WF tower basement service entrance. But that should not take too much longer.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 1st, 2015, 2:18 pm

I gotta say it's been fun, when I'm waiting for the train at DTE, watching the building behind the Strib building (that's the Edition, right?) slowly peek out as it rises and the Strib building falls.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 1st, 2015, 4:02 pm

I gotta say it's been fun, when I'm waiting for the train at DTE, watching the building behind the Strib building (that's the Edition, right?) slowly peek out as it rises and the Strib building falls.
The ones facing 4th are the Editions, the north sides of WF will have the Rad Red and a 4 story office complex that Ryan may move their headquarters into. Neither of the north parcels have broken ground.