North Loop Neighborhood

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Re: North Loop Neighborhood

Postby xandrex » August 1st, 2018, 9:59 am

The parking ramp at 3rd Street and 10th Avenue North is complete. Not sure if people can park there yet, but I did see the rate signs were up. I wonder how many people will park here given how cheap meters are here.

There's also a long, skinny retail space along the front...will be interesting to see if it gets filled.

A picture for those interested.

transplant
Metrodome

Postby transplant » August 1st, 2018, 10:16 am

I think the big plan here was to build this ramp so that all of the Bassett Creek Office building tenants could get off of the surface lot and move into this ramp; thereby, allowing Schafer Richardson to develop the surface lot. I am guessing that this ramp will be mostly office workers from Bassett Creek.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » August 1st, 2018, 10:52 am

That is actually a pretty nice looking ramp...as far as ramps go. And it is a nice visual and physical buffer to the edge of the neighborhood. Not a horrible use for that little space.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » August 1st, 2018, 12:42 pm

I think the big plan here was to build this ramp so that all of the Bassett Creek Office building tenants could get off of the surface lot and move into this ramp; thereby, allowing Schafer Richardson to develop the surface lot. I am guessing that this ramp will be mostly office workers from Bassett Creek.
Yeah, that's obviously the idea - move people off the surface lots. But they do call it a ramp for general use, and they're listing what appear to be hourly rates (I was too far way to read them). Even during a Twins game, you can usually get parking in this area for something like $1.50 an hour (or free if you pick the right street).

Maybe they're just kinda going for, "This is going to be a ramp mostly for this office building, but if some sucker wants to pay, we'll take their money" sort of deal.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » October 21st, 2018, 9:59 pm

Did the food hall ever get approved? and timeline for it?

ztr421
Nicollet Mall

Postby ztr421 » October 29th, 2018, 11:51 am

Did the food hall ever get approved? and timeline for it?
Do you mean Graze on the Bookmen site? I believe it was approved. It's been pretty quiet though... They were supposed to start construction early this past summer I think, but I'm hoping it's just an issue of logistics and planning have been slow, which usually seems to happen. I think the most recent timeline was "fall." The site doesn't seem to be for sale again so that's a good sign.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » November 1st, 2018, 8:33 am

Number 12 Cider is now open in the in the 700 N 5th St Building

ztr421
Nicollet Mall

Postby ztr421 » December 27th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Permits are starting to show up on the Mpls website and a trailer is on site for the Graze food hall on the Bookmen condo land so I think it's really going to happen.

Trailer on site for the Graze development.

by ZTR Norge, on Flickr

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » December 27th, 2018, 8:32 pm

The old Riverwalk Apartments are being advertised as FreightYard Townhomes and Flats. It looks like they gutted the place and combined units. There were never units this big before.

https://www.freightyardapts.com/

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » December 28th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Every time I'm reminded of that building's existence, I'm surprised that it wasn't turned into for-sale condos in early 2000s condomania.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » December 28th, 2018, 7:22 pm

The Lindsay Bros. Warehouse part of Riverwalk was converted to condos in the early 2000s. I know because I was condoed out of my apartment. The freighthouse remained as apartments, probably as a hedge against poor condo sales.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » January 15th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Two-story food hall with rooftop patio pitched near Target Field
*LOCKED*

Info:

The food hall — Graze Provisions & Libations — would have 14,100 square feet of floor space with six kitchen slots, two indoor dining areas, two bars, a coffee shop on the first floor, a communal outdoor space and a 3,100-square-foot rooftop patio. The building would be north of the intersection of 4th St. N. and 5th Ave. N., behind Modist Brewing Co.

Steel going up for this.

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » February 13th, 2019, 8:26 am

Proposal for a new building at 310 2nd Street North. 59 units, 124 parking spaces. Is this some kind of sick joke?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » February 13th, 2019, 9:25 am

Ugh. The HPC, of course, is a group that takes the worst of the parking-oriented, single-family focused Neighborhood Orgs, jams them together, and gives them actual power, so they're obviously going to pass this by acclamation. I'm sure the CPC will push back, but I don't know that they're asking for any variances, so they may not be able to do anything.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

phop
Landmark Center

Postby phop » February 13th, 2019, 9:26 am

25 of the units are studios, lol.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 13th, 2019, 9:27 am

Definitely a lot of parking, but nice looking building on a difficult lot. I could imagine the parking being helpful if trying to develop the parking lot just to the north though as well. (At least it's below grade next do a tail trench?)

phop
Landmark Center

Postby phop » February 13th, 2019, 9:45 am

This is the "its a neighbourly day" mural building, for what it's worth.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » February 13th, 2019, 9:51 am

Solhem has been reducing parking ratios on their own at their more recent downtown/NL projects, like OX-OP and Borealis, after finding that they just couldn't manage to rent more than about .9 spaces per unit (for projects like this, I'm sure the Eleven will manage to sell every spot they build). So, small solace, but the developer is going to be lighting their money on fire to go with this plan.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

dajazz
Nicollet Mall

Postby dajazz » February 13th, 2019, 9:55 am

Solhem has been reducing parking ratios on their own at their more recent downtown/NL projects, like OX-OP and Borealis, after finding that they just couldn't manage to rent more than about .9 spaces per unit (for projects like this, I'm sure the Eleven will manage to sell every spot they build). So, small solace, but the developer is going to be lighting their money on fire to go with this plan.
Isn't Archive a Solhem project with 300 proposed stalls?

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » February 13th, 2019, 10:14 am

I like how the existing building reflects almost the entire sweep of the area's history; built in the 1880s as a tenement building pre-railroad trench, converted to warehousing in 1920 when the area lost its residential character, added onto throughout the 20th century without ever fully obscuring its original design and purpose. I'm not entirely convinced by their historic study's argument that the building is non-contributing.