New Target Building - (1001 Nicollet Mall)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
John
Capella Tower

Re: New Target Building - (1001 Nicollet Mall)

Postby John » October 3rd, 2012, 11:44 am

I guess I shouldn't try satire anymore in the "New Target Building" thread.
I didn't get it. But no one gets my humor on here either ;)

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » October 3rd, 2012, 8:39 pm

I don't get who has the time to use this? I only know one target employee and she said she will never use it. She's too busy working. When i brought up that maybe she could have lunch there, she laughed and said that if she has enough time to grab lunch, it is eaten over her computer keyboard.

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » October 3rd, 2012, 8:45 pm

Umm... drama queen?
Towns!

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » October 3rd, 2012, 10:25 pm

Have you even looked into the headquarters of the most successful companies in The US/World? Target/Minneapolis is behind the 8 ball here. Great business happens around the water cooler. creating relationships with your vendors and reps, and making it a space where people feel at ease has become increasingly important for business.

This is an open forum space, not a space for 'team building' exercises which are usually mandatory. Those who wish not to use the space, don't. At Target if you get your work done, you get your work done, and that's what matters, not how you do it.
I agree with your first paragraph. If anything, Target was behind the curve on this; Best Buy had spaces like it in their HQ a decade ago. But I don't agree with your last sentence -- you can't do much at Target without having to collaborate and get buy-in first, more so than at other companies IME. Results matter there, but how you do it does do, and sometimes even more than the results.
Umm... drama queen?
Not necessarily; I knew plenty of people like mplser's friend, some of whom ended up quitting due to burnout.

Aville_37
Union Depot

Postby Aville_37 » October 5th, 2012, 3:14 am

I like what they did with the building, and for the most part I like Target as a company and having it's corporate headquarters downtown. What I don't like is the elitist attitude among its workers downtown. Kinda get the feeling of a cultish environment. I agree with earlier comments - its great to build a sense of teamwork, having a great work environment and believing you're "one of the best". However, it's also important to build external relationships.