Capella Tower

Re: East End / Thresher Square / Trader Joes - 713 Washington Ave S

Postby Didier » March 2nd, 2019, 6:51 pm

Do they have axe throwing?

zlkahn
Metrodome

Postby zlkahn » June 12th, 2019, 9:22 am

The Starbucks next to Trader Joe's underneath East End is opening tomorrow, June 13th. Bacon Social House looks to be opening ~June 25th (according to their website and the Canopy hotel). Wandered through the hotel this past weekend and grabbed some photos; they really did some cool work restoring/modifying the interior of the building. Loved that they kept a lot of the original wood beams and brickwork. The hotel itself seems to have quickly started filling up, always tons of guests milling around this area and on event weekends (Armory/US Bank) the place is packed.

CalMcKenney
Metrodome

Postby CalMcKenney » June 12th, 2019, 11:10 am

The Starbucks next to Trader Joe's underneath East End is opening tomorrow, June 13th. Bacon Social House looks to be opening ~June 25th (according to their website and the Canopy hotel). Wandered through the hotel this past weekend and grabbed some photos; they really did some cool work restoring/modifying the interior of the building. Loved that they kept a lot of the original wood beams and brickwork. The hotel itself seems to have quickly started filling up, always tons of guests milling around this area and on event weekends (Armory/US Bank) the place is packed.
Great to hear about that Starbucks. It was just my sister and I's graduation weekend at the University of Minnesota and my parents stayed at Canopy hotel and it was amazing. They absolutely loved it and it gave them some motivation to move back to the city now that they're empty nesters. Place was packed at the Canopy's bar on the weekend, kind of reminded me of Hewing in North Loop. Downtown East continues to become a better and better place to live!

luigipaladio
Nicollet Mall

Postby luigipaladio » June 12th, 2019, 9:12 pm

The Canopy interiors look great! This is a well done restoration/renovation project. I’ve always hoped the Thresher could be well preserved and used. It’s a decent building with some great details.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » June 13th, 2019, 9:29 am

It might looks great...sounds like it is also combustible. The fire was between two floors which makes me wonder is some equipment was installed incorrectly?

http://www.startribune.com/small-fire-b ... 511238882/

"Fire crews located smoke and flames in a space between the first floor and the basement, said Assistant Fire Chief Bryan Tyner."

Mooglemuffins
Nicollet Mall

Postby Mooglemuffins » August 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm

I heard the Old Spaghetti Factory is closing, anyone heard what's causing then to leave? They always seemed pretty popular.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 17th, 2019, 6:30 pm

Sherman declined to renew their lease, so they can instead renovate the building to bring in the Pinstripes they've been pitching in various RFPs for the past couple years.

It is unfortunate, but that's business, I guess. At the same time, if they want to come back, there's certainly no shortage of vacant large restaurant spaces downtown.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

luigipaladio
Nicollet Mall

Postby luigipaladio » August 19th, 2019, 10:50 am

I’m not sure there is anything unfortunate about the Old Spaghetti Factory leaving this space. With the rest of the black already made new or renewed, this place suddenly came to look very tired and worn out. Judging from recent comments, it seems as though the concept of the restaurant was getting very tired and worn out as well. A little clean up, some new ideas and freshening of the building will cap a wonderful remake of the entire block.