LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Re: Magellan Apartment Tower - (1368 LaSalle Avenue)

Postby seanrichardryan » October 26th, 2012, 8:53 am

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mulad

Postby mulad » October 26th, 2012, 9:18 am

I was surprised that the KARE11 article had the address 1369 Spruce Place, but that would work out to the same parcel (Spruce Place is the street on the west side of the block).

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » October 26th, 2012, 9:21 am

When I biked by there this morning there was a semi just pulling up with more of those concrete barriers to unload. There have been no vehicles parked in this lost for a few days now - a sign at the entrance says this lot is closed on October 22nd for construction of the Loring Park apartments.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » October 26th, 2012, 9:23 am

I was about to ask (again) the name of the building: "Loring Park Apartments".

Unity77
Landmark Center

Postby Unity77 » October 26th, 2012, 9:37 am

Finance & Commerce article:

Chicago group to start apartment tower in downtown Minneapolis
Posted: 4:14 pm Thu, October 25, 2012
By Burl Gilyard

Chicago-based Magellan Development Group LLC is has financing in place and is ready to start construction of a 36-story apartment tower in downtown Minneapolis. The budget for the 354-unit project is more than $100 million.

“The fences should go up tomorrow and Monday you’ll see guys working,” Brian Gordon, vice president with Magellan Development, told Finance & Commerce on Thursday afternoon. “We are starting.”

The site is located at 1368 LaSalle Ave. at the edge of downtown Minneapolis. The site is currently a surface parking lot.

Gordon said that rents at the amenity-laden building would be “near the top of the market.”

Finance & Commerce is currently tracking more than 14,000 apartments that are proposed or are currently under construction across the metro.

“We’re just excited that we’re going to be able to bring our type of product from Chicago up to the Minneapolis market,” Gordon said.

MotorCity2TwinCities
Nicollet Mall

Postby MotorCity2TwinCities » October 26th, 2012, 10:23 am

This is very exciting! Now only if Nicollet Residences starts construction!

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » October 26th, 2012, 10:49 am

yes thank you, "your type of product" is beautifully designed high-rises, and we know more of them in Minneapolis.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » October 26th, 2012, 11:04 am

yes thank you, "your type of product" is beautifully designed high-rises, and we know more of them in Minneapolis.
Magellan would be a good developer for a condo high-rise when market conditions improve.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 26th, 2012, 11:41 am

Magellan would be a good developer for a condo high-rise when market conditions improve.
I would prefer to see a Condo tower(s) developed on the Dolphin half block between Washington and 4th that fronts Hennepin. Because 222 is only 6 stories they can can do a development like the Carlyle tower that is at the end of the Central Ave Bridge, . Retail on the gound floor with the parking Garage on the second thru forth levels. The Tower itself would go on the corner of Washington and Hennepin so that the amenities go on the south end the top level of the parking deck. This would get some of the day time sun.. I would prefer that they would go with a design that is more contemporary to play off the Library, the Old Fed Reserve, and the Old Insurance building at the end of Nicolett [sic]. This would allow for several units with River views and well as downtown skyline views.
Last edited by Wedgeguy on October 26th, 2012, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » October 26th, 2012, 12:52 pm

There was a truck on site this AM when I drove by doing some sort of prep work...so it really does seem like they plan on starting real work any time. I am sure Elf will see when they pull permits.
Yeah, just be to be clear I wouldn't post or discuss anything here that isn't already public information on the city's property info website. We've had lots 'o stuff lately with data and privacy, etc...
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » October 26th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Oh, you can trust us Elf, we can keep a secret...;)

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » October 26th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I just meant that you check the public records often and know exactly how to do it! Construction trailer has now been delivered to the lot.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » October 26th, 2012, 4:55 pm

there is a new office trailer there now I snapped a few pix's walking by a bit ago

Also the ugly sign of parking rates off of Lasalle ave is gone and I think all old parking lot signage is now gone (besides the closed lot sign they put up)

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » October 26th, 2012, 6:55 pm

This isn't going to happen. It's obvious they won't get the financing together, not to mention such a high risk project in a seedy area.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » October 26th, 2012, 9:14 pm

This isn't going to happen. It's obvious they won't get the financing together, not to mention such a high risk project in a seedy area.
Not to mention its wayyyyyyyyy to tall. My main concern is that it will blow over onto my house.

On a serious note it will be great to have another high-rise to photograph going up. The last ones I can think of would be the Carlyle/Skyscape. This is a big win for the Downtown Councils goal of doubling the population.

1200onthemall
Nicollet Mall

Postby 1200onthemall » October 27th, 2012, 5:19 am

One more Nimby post......IT'S GOING TO BLOCK MY VEIW OF SUMMIT HOUSE. Oh never mind I don't have a VEIW of Summit House :D
IMO this is going to be a fantastic addition to our skyline and I would expect Magellan is moving into Mpls for more than one building.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » October 27th, 2012, 8:09 am

Maybe someone should put them in contact with the Star Tribune... :D

gahwi003
Metrodome

Postby gahwi003 » October 27th, 2012, 10:40 am

Also the ugly sign of parking rates off of Lasalle ave is gone and I think all old parking lot signage is now gone (besides the closed lot sign they put up)
We should track these down, and place them in the UrbanMSP Hall of Fame! :lol:

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » October 27th, 2012, 7:01 pm

If anyone has any doubt left... just speak with the businesses in the Grant Street Mall - they have all been told that their employee parking on that half of the block was up in September and that ground breaking is schedule to happen before Thanksgiving. I am glad to see some real development activity ... have any of you looked at the Urban Toronto site - man they have a ton of cool projects in the works ... like dozens of major projects... great architecture and really ambitious plans

Jfuss
Metrodome

Postby Jfuss » October 27th, 2012, 8:21 pm

If anyone has any doubt left... just speak with the businesses in the Grant Street Mall - they have all been told that their employee parking on that half of the block was up in September and that ground breaking is schedule to happen before Thanksgiving. I am glad to see some real development activity ... have any of you looked at the Urban Toronto site - man they have a ton of cool projects in the works ... like dozens of major projects... great architecture and really ambitious plans
and a population that exceeds 2 million...