LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Nathan » April 25th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Based on my anecdotal knowledge of other places I've lived/visited Minneapolis is pretty behind on the cheap good quick egg/breakfast places. These kinds of restaurants do really well in a lot of cities.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 25th, 2015, 10:11 pm

I find it strange that people have a hard time with walking one block off a major street to get to a destination. Loring Kitchen is 3 blocks off Nicollet and 15th ,those are your main drags. Some of you act as though walking 1, 2 or 3 blocks will keep people away. When the Loring Kitchen opened I thought that it would close with no real traffic generator other than the park to stimulate traffic to the place. How many year later and this place is a draw unto itself. Now people will have a substitute to go to if one or the other has a too long of a wait period. The population density of the area will allow neighbors to walk and for others to come by car or bus off Nicollet. This area is far from dead, that is for sure.

Daboink
Metrodome

Postby Daboink » April 25th, 2015, 10:54 pm

I find it strange that people have a hard time with walking one block off a major street to get to a destination. Loring Kitchen is 3 blocks off Nicollet and 15th ,those are your main drags. Some of you act as though walking 1, 2 or 3 blocks will keep people away. When the Loring Kitchen opened I thought that it would close with no real traffic generator other than the park to stimulate traffic to the place. How many year later and this place is a draw unto itself. Now people will have a substitute to go to if one or the other has a too long of a wait period. The population density of the area will allow neighbors to walk and for others to come by car or bus off Nicollet. This area is far from dead, that is for sure.
I have to agree, for an online community (insofar as we can call ourselves a community) that preaches walkability so strongly, there do seem to be a few too many cynics when it comes to things like this.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 25th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Who would want to live above a brewery?
This guy. Like, prior to the L&L news, I was thinking I might see what living in the North Loop was like after my lease expires this summer. But, with a brewery (that focuses on my favorite beer styles, even, instead of just seeing how many hops they can shove into a single pint) coming to Loring Park, I'm thinking I'll stay put.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » April 26th, 2015, 11:23 am

I'm moving to Loring Park myself in June and am very excited for these additions to the neighborhood. Also, LK&B is almost ALWAYS busy, I am with you all who agree this place won't have a problem, even if it is going in to fill apartments, my guess is it's around to stay.

maxbaby
Landmark Center

Postby maxbaby » September 17th, 2015, 2:33 pm

trigonalmayhem

Postby trigonalmayhem » September 17th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Does anyone on the board live in lpm or know anyone who does? I'm considering looking into this place and would love to get an inside perspective. They've got some specials that bring the monthly price down to be pretty even with other new buildings and if I can live in a tower with concrete ceilings and never hear my upstairs neighbor I'm pretty tempted.

turri19
Block E

Postby turri19 » September 20th, 2015, 6:10 pm

yeah, let me know Trigonal. I live there. Glad to provide further thoughts..

Definitely is one of the quieter places between the 12 units a floor and the aforementioned concrete. Big plus. Not as well appointed as Elan or The Vue, among others. If you like natural light here's your spot.

Eggys and the brewery will be a nice bonus. Loring Kitchen's re-menu has been a little disappointing.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » September 21st, 2015, 4:06 pm

^ I went to the open house on Saturday and was impressed by the floor-to-ceiling glass, so, yeah, if you love daylight this is indeed the place to be. Views are breathtaking in all directions

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

proverfent
Block E

Postby proverfent » September 22nd, 2015, 3:08 pm

I live at LPM as well. I LOVE it! The building is incredibly quiet. I can only hear my neighbors IF I am trying to hear them. We also love the floor to ceiling windows and sweeping views from Minnetonka to downtown St. Paul on our overly large balcony. I really enjoy this neighborhood as well. It is really becoming something with Eggy's, 4 Bells, and the brewery coming in soon. (I just read my comment and it looks like I'm from LPM management. :P I'm not...I promise!! haha)

trigonalmayhem

Postby trigonalmayhem » September 25th, 2015, 6:38 am

Thanks for the info everyone! I actually set up a viewing this weekend.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » October 14th, 2015, 8:30 am

Sorry if it's buried in the thread, but do we have word or a guess as to whether they'll ever install the crown lighting as originally shown in the renderings?

MinnMonkey
Landmark Center

Postby MinnMonkey » October 14th, 2015, 8:38 am

I was just thinking about this the other day. I compared renderings and the final product, and they do look pretty similar, and the crown appears to be close to the same size as the renderings:

Rendering: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... PgodYFMKmQ

Final: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... PgodYFMKmQ

Also given that many of the renderings had a "glow" around the entire building, I am not sure they were ever planning on lighting the top.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » October 14th, 2015, 8:46 am

Huh, you could be right. Still, are those mounting points on the current crown facing? Perhaps once they get some cash flow?

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » October 14th, 2015, 8:47 am

Huh, you could be right. Still, are those mounting points on the current crown facing? Perhaps once they get some cash flow?
Im pretty sure those are just scuppers?

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » October 14th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Also given that many of the renderings had a "glow" around the entire building, I am not sure they were ever planning on lighting the top.
Yes, it was supposed to be back-lit frosted glass. See note #1 below:

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 14th, 2015, 1:53 pm

It'd be nice if Magellan could give an explanation for the no back-lighting on this tower and podium base.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » October 14th, 2015, 2:15 pm

It'd be nice if Magellan could give an explanation for the no back-lighting on this tower and podium base.
The podium base is lit? Isn't it? I seem to remember some complaining about it being too bright at one point

Steve Jn
Block E

Postby Steve Jn » October 30th, 2015, 9:27 am

A lot of progress has been made on the Lakes & Legends space. When you walk by now you can get a pretty good look at the layout. They must be very close to opening.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » November 22nd, 2015, 9:31 pm

Lakes & Legends is softly opened now. They have a huge space, and beers were fine. This will probably be a really nice place for people who live in the area.