Brunsfield Place - 915 Washington Avenue N

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Tyler
Foshay Tower

Re: Brunsfield Place - (915 Washington Avenue North)

Postby Tyler » March 6th, 2015, 9:30 am

Yes. You have different tastes/standards. No problem. The vast majority of coffee consumers are right there with you. Doesn't mean I have to be.
Towns!

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » March 6th, 2015, 9:43 am

I have no problem with Corner Coffee (except that the one time I went there, my bill for a latte and a small snack ended up being over $10 somehow), but to a certain extent it's competing in a different zone than this new Spyhouse will. Mentally, it feels more like Corner Coffee is within the Target Field zone of influence, whereas Spyhouse will be on the very edge of the neighborhood.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » March 6th, 2015, 9:54 am

I was kinda of just saying don't forget about Corner Coffee!

I'm excited for Spyhouse :D, it's one of my favorite coffee places in Minneapolis because of the atmosphere and just the way they've set it up. Essentially it's always so packed, that you're forced to sit next to someone you don't know, which I love because we're all human and we shouldn't feel weird sitting next to another one even if we don't know them.

AccordGuy
Metrodome

Postby AccordGuy » March 7th, 2015, 10:38 am

Yay !! Another coffee shop that is not too far from me. Right now I live on the Northside near Theo Wirth, so not terribly far.
Born in Minneapolis.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » March 8th, 2015, 3:09 pm

The guy who owns Corner Coffee also owns The Beat in Uptown, so I wouldn't definitively say anything Minneapolis is really out of their influence.

Chava
Nicollet Mall

Postby Chava » March 10th, 2015, 11:40 am

https://i.imgur.com/IXj7xIx.jpg

In case anyone needed a reference image of the available space. I don't recall that paper being up on the windows so perhaps they're moving into that space? Sorry I was not able to get a better picture. I cut out the space near the lobby entrance.The dog wasn't keen on standing still for too long.

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » March 10th, 2015, 12:04 pm

Yeah, that's the larger space. But if you look at the link MNdible posted there is a second, smaller space, as well.
Towns!

Chava
Nicollet Mall

Postby Chava » March 10th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Yeah, that's the larger space. But if you look at the link MNdible posted there is a second, smaller space, as well.
Indeed. I was too far down the road to get it into the shot. I think you can see a sliver of it(red for rent sign on right). Coffee!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 25th, 2015, 9:17 am

I see this development was listed in Architecture MN March/April issue as an award winner. This is a great project.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » August 22nd, 2015, 2:19 pm

I was hanging out at the new Spyhouse with the architect (seated in the foreground with the baseball cap). Really nice space. Sort of a Viennese Secessionist vibe to the design. Neat light fixtures and a carefully crafted maple herringbone & tin ceiling. Expensive details throughout.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 22nd, 2015, 2:41 pm

Hey I'm there right now! I love it so much. The tiling is so beautifully hand crafted. There are a lot of neat features of art all over the place, even the people are works of art. Why North Loop is beautiful. I hope they stay for a while and we can see North Loop extend North. I'm looking at XO communications right now and thinking of all the unique opportunities for that site or the one across the street.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Brunsfield Place - 915 Washington Avenue N

Postby Wedgeguy » September 1st, 2015, 10:19 am

Really like what they did with this Spyhouse space. Any word on what the other section of that retail space will have going into it?