Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Re: Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Postby min-chi-cbus » February 22nd, 2013, 12:08 pm

I agree that it'll age well but the things that never do are the more modern twists to buildings....in this case, the excessive black panels on the first photo. But then again, those types of things usually define eras, which we eventually come to adore.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Night Lights

Postby minneapolisguy » February 22nd, 2013, 9:38 pm

Walking home tonight I noticed a couple things about Loring Vue - it appears the rooftop has some lighting installed now - I can't tell if this is a penthouse balcony area - or if this is some shared outdoor patio area.

Based on a mailing I got last fall I'm thinking this is the shared patio area - I thought they would have a roof top deck - but there is no room on the roof area of this building so this must be a party room patio deck which will have a fire pit.

If you look closely you'll see the slats that will run vertically up the side of the building - they look black here - in their photos of the property they are a copper color - not sure if they are covered with something now or what.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » February 23rd, 2013, 2:15 pm

Just walked by this a minute ago. The black paneling looks reeeeeeeal grimy already. From the looks of it, the way it's textured doesn't lend itself to staying clean. Presumably it'll get washed off in the summer with regular rain, but up close the outside of the building already looks dirty.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » February 23rd, 2013, 4:04 pm

Just walked by this a minute ago. The black paneling looks reeeeeeeal grimy already. From the looks of it, the way it's textured doesn't lend itself to staying clean. Presumably it'll get washed off in the summer with regular rain, but up close the outside of the building already looks dirty.
I assume they'll powerwash it on some kind of regular basis as part of routine maintenance. I guess it's dirtier from all the construction and probably won't get as grimy after the project is completed. But black does show off dirt pretty quickly so it could become a problem.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 24th, 2013, 9:13 am

yeah, I would wait until it's not a construction site to see what's up.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Lobby Photos

Postby minneapolisguy » February 28th, 2013, 7:08 pm

Here are few images of the lobby area - it seems to be coming along.
I think there might actually be a few units in this building that are being lived in at this time - even though works continues on the interior there are a couple units on the upper floors on the front side that I've seen people walking around in in the evening.

There is a glass wall with water running down it

The 'E' has now been installed.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » March 1st, 2013, 12:22 am

Oh look, they didn't finish the interior to make it look more lofty///...lazy.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » March 20th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Their website seems to have been updated with some newer images of the interior of the building and some units.
Some of the shots seem like they are more appropriate for a furniture catalog thought - there are definitely people living in this property now - not alot but I do see some units lit up at night with people in them.

http://loringvue.com/gallery/

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » April 13th, 2013, 3:12 pm

I hadn't seen the back side of this building in person before, so I was surprised at how many windows are now right on top of that white house. They won't be able to sit in their backyard.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » April 13th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I don't think they will mind - I can see their deck from my balcony and rarely have seen them on their patio deck - couple times a summer if that.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » April 13th, 2013, 6:20 pm

I don't think they will mind...
Yeah, I'm sure they won't even notice. Really?

tabletop
Nicollet Mall

Postby tabletop » April 14th, 2013, 8:31 am

Well... They won't have much reason to go onto the patio now that their view of downtown is gone.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » April 14th, 2013, 9:00 am

I didn't say they wouldn't notice - I said they probably won't mind. I don't know that they really care about their patio area like some people do.

I've lived in this area 15 years and have an overview of their patio deck and it is very, very rare that I have seen this family sitting out on their patio deck -extremely rare - they just don't seem like the type that spends alot of time out on this part of their house. This house is no different from most other houses in Minneapolis - that have a neighbor right up against their property. In addition, they had an obstructed view of downtown before - without this building - the Park Terrace apartment building blocked most of their view. I think the architects accommodated them by having that cut out section in the back so the building would not seem as close.

This family also owns the house directly across the street from them - maybe they could move into that house since it has been vacant for years and they just use it as a driveway to park their car - and let the house become run down and garbage is piled up in the sun porch area which is visible from the street. Between these two houses they have a market value of 1.3 million.

On the whole I think the neighborhood is better off with this building than that nasty surface parking lot.

woofner
Wells Fargo Center

Postby woofner » April 15th, 2013, 9:16 am

I hadn't seen the back side of this building in person before, so I was surprised at how many windows are now right on top of that white house. They won't be able to sit in their backyard.
Welcome to the city, guys. Don't expect privacy when you build your patio 10 feet from the property line.
"Who rescued whom!"

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » May 19th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Walked by here a few times today in the rain. They got some of the planters filled up with dirt and plants, but the big pile of mulch hasn't made it into the planters for erosion control...quite a bit of the dirt has run off into the sidewalk, etc. Not exactly a South American mudslide, but there are also pretty big standing pools of water completely filling the ones on the west side of the building that don't have plants yet. I should have taken a picture, there are like four inches of red water sitting in the largest one, which is probably like fifty square feet (it's rectangular).
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » May 19th, 2013, 6:35 pm

They have also planted a few trees in front of the building last week -

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » May 19th, 2013, 7:07 pm

starting the page off with pictures of snow. ish huh? there should have been a warning.