Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Re: Loring Vue Apartments - (415 Oak Grove Street)

Postby minneapolisguy » December 8th, 2012, 10:19 am

here are a couple better daytime images

Le Sueur
Landmark Center

Postby Le Sueur » December 8th, 2012, 1:11 pm

^^^ Looks Slippery! Thanks for the pics!

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » December 8th, 2012, 8:28 pm

I hope this alleged "blizzard" we are going to get tonight doesn't delay the completion of the sidewalks!
My flickr photos.

spectre000
Landmark Center

Postby spectre000 » December 22nd, 2012, 3:01 pm

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » December 22nd, 2012, 5:00 pm

Wow -- that's looking sexy! Does that greyish/silver surface material shimmer? I can't quite tell from the pics, because the windows are shimmering so brightly. If so, this thing is looking a lot cooler than what I was expecting it to be!

spectre000
Landmark Center

Postby spectre000 » December 22nd, 2012, 6:29 pm

Wow -- that's looking sexy! Does that greyish/silver surface material shimmer? I can't quite tell from the pics, because the windows are shimmering so brightly. If so, this thing is looking a lot cooler than what I was expecting it to be!
I wouldn't say it "shimmers". But this does look nice. Definitely one of the best new buildings constructed in awhile. I'm still not sure I like the angled bump outs. They seem a bit odd, but they do add some character. I think it fits in really well with the neighborhood.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » December 22nd, 2012, 7:56 pm

I wouldn't say it "shimmers". But this does look nice. Definitely one of the best new buildings constructed in awhile. I'm still not sure I like the angled bump outs. They seem a bit odd, but they do add some character. I think it fits in really well with the neighborhood.
Yes, I think BKV did a great job here and it works really well with the intersection. From the renderings, it appears the angled "bump outs" will have glass balconies on top (for the apartments above) which will make them taller and give them a more finished look. Then there are those decorative rust colored (metal?) thin beams that sweep across the top floor and cascade down the side of the building. Should look very sharp!

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » December 22nd, 2012, 8:40 pm

If by shimmering, you mean "oil-canning", then yes it does.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » December 22nd, 2012, 9:25 pm

If by shimmering, you mean "oil-canning", then yes it does.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » December 22nd, 2012, 10:08 pm

Well if it's not "shimmering" and they could have like, added chrome plating and it could have looked pretty sweet.

tabletop
Nicollet Mall

Postby tabletop » December 23rd, 2012, 10:16 am

Just goes to show they've learned how to polish a turd.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » December 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

If that's a "polished turd" then I can see why so many of these things are being approved. Seriously, we could do a LOT worse!

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 7th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I'm 95 percent sure that people have moved into this. Which doesn't make sense, because the garage part isn't open and the only complete-looking door I can see is a little side door. But there are lights on and furniture in the units of the upper levels.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

dmdhashw
Nicollet Mall

Postby dmdhashw » January 7th, 2013, 6:28 pm

I'm 95 percent sure that people have moved into this. Which doesn't make sense, because the garage part isn't open and the only complete-looking door I can see is a little side door. But there are lights on and furniture in the units of the upper levels.
Setting up showrooms?

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » January 7th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Setting up showrooms?
Yeah , I wonder if they are "staging" some units to show prospective tenants. Of course , they will use the units with the best views on the upper levels. They will be the most desirable and will lease out quickly.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 7th, 2013, 6:46 pm

It'd looked like they set up a staging unit on the bottom floor on the east side a couple months ago. Real out of the way, but it had countertops and electricity before most of the rest of the place had drywall.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » January 7th, 2013, 6:50 pm

^^^You may be right then. Some of the top units are probably already leased. Of course, it makes financial sense for them to lease ASAP. And the upper levels are going to have spectacular views

Aville_37
Union Depot

Postby Aville_37 » January 8th, 2013, 7:32 am

Very! Funny how the developments that seem to get the most opposition turn out to be gems, while those many are so excited about and easily get approved often turn out to be lackluster.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » January 8th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Very! Funny how the developments that seem to get the most opposition turn out to be gems, while those many are so excited about and easily get approved often turn out to be lackluster.
You should have seen the original proposal the developer had for this site during the condo boom. It was a beauty! And this project is really turning out to be great. What amazes me is all the opposition by the neighborhood group over the years in developing this vacant corner lot. It was an absolute eyesore and blight on this area. There must have been some hidden agenda in opposing the development. The opposition certainly didn't have a priority for improving the neighborhood!

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » January 8th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Does anyone have any images of the original tower proposal? I'd really like to see what it was that got the neighbors so riled up.