U.S. Bank Stadium

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Vikeologist

Re: U.S. Bank Stadium Construction Updates

Postby Vikeologist » March 19th, 2016, 3:37 pm

For the record, VikingFanInMaryland could not be more correct! Everything he has said is spot on! The hate for the Vikings by some people is downright laughable! Vikings got a stadium, ok then we get our way with the street name! Take that Vikings, we won!!! LOL

Everything is tit for tat when it comes to Vikings haters! You side with the Vikings on anything and you must be an employee! LOL get over it!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » March 19th, 2016, 3:43 pm

LOL get over it!
Some good irony right there.

Vikeologist

Postby Vikeologist » March 19th, 2016, 3:47 pm

LOL get over it!
Some good irony right there.
Well if the Vikings haters didn't constantly nit pick and piss and moan about every little thing then maybe the Vikings supporters wouldn't have to constantly defend things. You act like the Vikings are the only team/business to do this, when in fact, it happens every day and no one says a peep about it.

What it all boils down to is the Wilfs are not from Minnesota. You can deny it all you want, but deep down, it's what Minnesotans do. Oh no, the Wilfs aren't one of us!

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 19th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Okay.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Vikeologist

Postby Vikeologist » March 19th, 2016, 3:54 pm

I am sorry to hijack this thread with this, and I will not post about this anymore. I just get tired of seeing the same people trash the Vikings and their fans over and over.

SamHartmen

Postby SamHartmen » March 19th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Let's pretend the 2018 super bowl ends up making the Vikings enough money and buzz to become one of the best teams in the NFL. Then Ziggy with endless amounts of cash buys the Bears and St. Paul pony up funds for a new football stadium renaming the Team to The St. Paul Bears, and renaming The Minnesota Vikings to The Minneapolis Vikings. Then having the Vikings Stadium located on Chicago Ave would be a fantastic way to mock Chicago. :D

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 19th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Vikeoligist, the Queens have done enough for their own making of the damage that they have brought on themselves. I don't hate the Queens, I happen to like the stadium a lot. It is this after the fact sh*t that makes many of us non too happy with the Queens and their antics. While they may have put some money into build the stadium, it is us the tax payers who have put ibn more than the Queens unless they have really added that much EXTRA that is their choices to make the stadium the better experience. But that money is their choice and not mandated by anyone. I'm glad that they built the stadium, but that does not give them the right to ask for 80 days of Commons times, or street name changing, or being pissed that they need to kick into the bridge to allow their fans safe passage to and from the games. Whether it is the US Bank or the Dome there still would have been the problem with fans getting hit by trains because they were drunk and would not listen to the police that said don't cross the tracks. You now have 2 lines 5 minutes apart vs one line at 10 minutes which is a whole different story on the legalistic of how you get fans on the trains. So we are not Queens haters, but tax payers that are tired of an organization that feel they are ENTITLED to every whim they they want. Remember that the citizen of Minnesota still put more money into this stadium than the Vikings did. When someone can explain to me why the Queens are ENTITLED to anything I'll be happy for a rebuttal.

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » March 20th, 2016, 11:28 am

I have been a Vikings fan for 33 years. I loved Red McCombs, previous owner from Texas, until he gutted the team in order to get the most value for his sale. I even like the Wilf's before the whole stadium drama started. But the way they have acted in about the last 5-8 years has been too much for me. The way they have handled the entire stadium process, the whole issue with the special teams coach and backing him, even after what he clearly stated, the Wells Fargo issues, the park issues, the parking ramp parcel, using basically everything but their own money to pay their share of the stadium, and now the street name issue. They continually make it harder and harder to cheer for their team. I patiently await the day they sell the team to anyone else, no matter where they are from.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 20th, 2016, 12:20 pm

go4guy, you stated perfectly what the problems are and how they made their own quicksand that they are sinking into now.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » March 21st, 2016, 8:58 am

I have been a Vikings fan for 33 years. I loved Red McCombs, previous owner from Texas, until he gutted the team in order to get the most value for his sale. I even like the Wilf's before the whole stadium drama started. But the way they have acted in about the last 5-8 years has been too much for me. The way they have handled the entire stadium process, the whole issue with the special teams coach and backing him, even after what he clearly stated, the Wells Fargo issues, the park issues, the parking ramp parcel, using basically everything but their own money to pay their share of the stadium, and now the street name issue. They continually make it harder and harder to cheer for their team. I patiently await the day they sell the team to anyone else, no matter where they are from.
you really need to get a grip. so you're a "fan" and yet find fault with the trajectory of the team. they're on pace to make the playoffs again and possibly go further.

how did they act with park? they're contributing money. is this Paul Ostrow? And Red McCombs was a disaster who spent diddly squat on the team.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Downtown East - Wells Fargo / Radisson Red / Edition Apts

Postby grant1simons2 » March 21st, 2016, 9:13 am

MSFA already planning a $7.5 million event center on the Northeast side of the stadium

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-alre ... 372939761/

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » March 21st, 2016, 9:25 am

Without the Wilfs decision to build in DTE, the would be no MSFA, hence no MSFA parking ramp for the stadium
Woo hoo! One fewer parking ramp would be great.
hence no Wells Fargo
Um, what? Wells Fargo would not occupy its two towers, each of which have their own underground parking, if there wasn't a ramp next to them?

I don't get you at all. Why do you keep doing this?

Rich
Rice Park

Postby Rich » March 21st, 2016, 9:42 am

Wells was looking for a new campus site, but had no viable options within city limits. Then came the Vikings stadium…This article provides a decent summary of how the deal went down.
...a planned new parking ramp proved a key piece of catnip for the developers. “Downtown East has two groundbreaking amenities: a new stadium and a park,” says former Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, “but the key building is actually the far less sexy parking ramp.”

The ramp will be owned by the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, and financed by the city and the MSFA. That public investment in parking provides leverage for the project: Office workers can park there during the week when the ramp would otherwise be empty. The public financing is a key incentive for Wells Fargo, which is underwriting the costs of the parking ramp and the park.
http://tcbmag.com/Industries/Real-Estat ... -De?page=1

BBMplsMN
Nicollet Mall

Postby BBMplsMN » March 21st, 2016, 9:46 am

Will this event center be on the Wilf owned parking lot? The article is a little vague.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » March 21st, 2016, 9:53 am

I'm assuming it is. I remember seeing something a couple of months ago that could be what they're proposing. 2 stories on 1/5 of the block, while the rest of it was a parking ramp. So if that's still in play, prepare to be disappointed.

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » March 21st, 2016, 10:00 am

But that's not on the northeast of the stadium, those lots are north to northwest of it. Plus, I don't think that 7.5m is enough to build what you're describing.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » March 21st, 2016, 10:31 am

Ah, you're right. I guess we'll have to wait for some more info.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » March 21st, 2016, 10:33 am

Does this have anything to do with that weird unfinished bit of the ramp -> stadium skyway? Would be in the right place for something built on the Wilf lot across Chicago.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » March 21st, 2016, 10:44 am

The article says it's an addition to the stadium, I'd imagine it's on the same parcel as the stadium.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » March 21st, 2016, 10:51 am