• Atlanta (2019)
• South Florida (2020)
• Tampa Bay (2021)
• Los Angeles (2022)

David Greene
IDS Center

Re: U.S. Bank Stadium

Postby David Greene » February 7th, 2018, 12:34 pm

One could argue that San Francisco/Santa Clara are essentially Northern/Midwestern cities, geographically at least (they are at the same lattitude as southern Missouri/Illinois). "Western" is probably a better descriptor though.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » February 7th, 2018, 12:55 pm

It's weird to me that we've hosted it twice but Seattle or Denver never have.

Mikey
Landmark Center

Postby Mikey » February 7th, 2018, 5:19 pm

If they'd put a roof on their buildings, I'm sure they would have. New York is the only northern city without a roof to host - and that was because... New York.
Kinda surprised to see Dallas has only has it once.

I'm curious if they'll even return to the Bay area again, at least at the current Levi's stadium.
Urbanist in the north woods

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » February 7th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Dallas, if I recall, was kind of a disaster with an ice storm messing everything up.

One interesting distinction — for better or worse — is that we're one of the few cities with a downtown stadium. Dallas and San Francisco, for example, are nowhere near those cities. Organizers might view this as a benefit logistically, but one of the most successful parts of our hosting was that it was semi-centralized. For the most part, downtown Minneapolis was the center of the universe (with orbiting moons in St. Paul and Mall of America). I assume a Dallas Super Bowl was much different, with more isolated events around the city.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » April 9th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Star Tribune reports that the X Games extended their time here by two more years to 2020.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 10th, 2018, 6:44 am

Link. Cool! Also, the motorcycle races will be moving up from the MoA parking lot to join everything else at the stadium. Now if we can just get it to stop snowing by July...
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » January 30th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Some sort of legal matter going on with the construction of the stadium per Strib. With regards to the zinc tiles I was running at the stadium a few weeks ago and was in the Vikings Store and entering and leaving was extremely hard with wind on the doors. It was somewhat amazing in that the wind force seemed to be multiplied by the prow.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-stad ... 567437342/

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » May 19th, 2020, 2:27 pm

With the black tiles off and multiple colors of blue and green insulation exposed, I think we missed a real chance to get this thing in some bold, primary colors. Someone call Valspar, I have a job for them.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » May 19th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Is it just going to be a yearly exercise of replacing the siding of this stadium, now? Lol...
My flickr photos.

twinkess
Target Field

Postby twinkess » May 19th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Is it just going to be a yearly exercise of replacing the siding of this stadium, now? Lol...
So far it has all been warranty work at least...

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » June 22nd, 2020, 11:45 am

Stadium is shut-down for everything, but the Vikings for the rest of the year. Does anyone know when they'll be done with the repairs? I wouldn't be surprised is ASM Global goes under. Managing a lot of empty stadiums right now.

https://www.startribune.com/coronavirus ... 571420842/

HKM
Metrodome

Postby HKM » June 22nd, 2020, 8:54 pm

I wouldn't be surprised is ASM Global goes under. Managing a lot of empty stadiums right now.
Don't hold your breath, but I'd definitely welcome Anschutz (and his despicable political agenda) falling on tough times.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » June 22nd, 2020, 10:54 pm

Stadium is shut-down for everything, but the Vikings for the rest of the year. Does anyone know when they'll be done with the repairs? I wouldn't be surprised is ASM Global goes under. Managing a lot of empty stadiums right now.

https://www.startribune.com/coronavirus ... 571420842/
I’ve heard this article is not exactly true. Small events might still be held (the one example I have first hand knowledge of not being cancelled is the MN Marching Band Championships scheduled for mid October), but the major events like concerts, monster jam, etc are cancelled.

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » June 29th, 2020, 10:36 am

I am surprised that Dallas/Ft Worth have only hosted once. Currently I think our stadium, Atlanta's new one are the 2 best stadiums in the country. The new Chargers stadium in LA will be the best though when finished. Just beautiful. Vegas has got to be the ugliest of the newest built. If you put a lid up on top of it, it looks like a toilet bowl.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » June 29th, 2020, 2:50 pm

This stadium was about the same price as ours. I think we got the better end of the deal?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/look ... warehouse/

sanchopanza
Metrodome

Postby sanchopanza » June 29th, 2020, 4:00 pm

plus all the dead birds we now have piled up around the stadium.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » June 29th, 2020, 9:03 pm

I am surprised that Dallas/Ft Worth have only hosted once. Currently I think our stadium, Atlanta's new one are the 2 best stadiums in the country. The new Chargers stadium in LA will be the best though when finished. Just beautiful. Vegas has got to be the ugliest of the newest built. If you put a lid up on top of it, it looks like a toilet bowl.
I actually really like the new Raiders stadium. I think it looks super sleek and definitely makes me think “black hole.”

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » August 26th, 2020, 9:23 am

Anyone know when the work is going to be done on this? At this point I'm thinking they better start putting it back together soon or they will be missing more than fans at their stadium. I should have taken a picture. They have several layers removed from the exterior and seem to be actually trying to figure something out instead of just replacing what is there.

MattW
Rice Park

Postby MattW » August 26th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Anyone know when the work is going to be done on this? At this point I'm thinking they better start putting it back together soon or they will be missing more than fans at their stadium. I should have taken a picture. They have several layers removed from the exterior and seem to be actually trying to figure something out instead of just replacing what is there.
Two years according to this article:
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-ne ... 21-million