Eleven - 1111 West River Parkway - 41 stories / 550'

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
alexschief
US Bank Plaza

Re: Eleven - 1111 West River Parkway - 41 stories / 550'

Postby alexschief » August 21st, 2020, 10:01 am

Unless I'm going insane, the podium is seven stories tall. The next mass is another seven stories tall. The top of the podium is the start of floor eight. The tower narrows again at the start of floor fifteen. See how "Level 1" is marked at 0' on the elevation.

UrbWave
City Center

Postby UrbWave » August 21st, 2020, 2:47 pm

Unless I'm going insane, the podium is seven stories tall. The next mass is another seven stories tall. The top of the podium is the start of floor eight. The tower narrows again at the start of floor fifteen. See how "Level 1" is marked at 0' on the elevation.
The top of the podium has the swimming pool and other amenities so it is a usable roof. On that same floor, you have the enclosed tower portion. So half of floor 8 has a roof. A "usable roof" can be considered a story.
The building has 2 lower floors so it makes sense that they would specify level 1 at 0' elevation.

If you are close to the building in person, you will see that the setbacks happen exactly where it was indicated on the packet.

The building is 15 stories of structural concrete with rebar being laid for what will be the 16th floor:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luigipaladio
Nicollet Mall

Postby luigipaladio » August 30th, 2020, 7:47 pm

The glass that has been installed so far does help diminish the sense that the precast panels of the facade are -- precast panels with punched windows. Somehow, the glass helps the fairly ornate detailing of the panels take on more of a stone-like look and feel. The light color of the panels - which looks quite different from so many of the dreary, gray renders - is a big improvement on the advance publicity. I still fan't figure out what contextual references the design carries - certainly nothing in it's neighborhood. It's not bad to ignore some of what is around it, but this looks a bit like something plucked out of an old, East coast or Rust Belt city, washed up and planted randomly in a pretty setting. I suppose it's a good foil for the "towers of doom" right behind it.

zlkahn
Metrodome

Postby zlkahn » September 14th, 2020, 2:28 pm

They are up to floor 17 on this. Here is a photo looking down 12th Ave S and from a balcony on The Legacy.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » September 14th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Those three part windows on the corner really ruin the 'pre-war aesthetic.'
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 14th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Thanks for the photos!

I remain suspicious that they'll eventually build out the rest of the site over to 11th, matching the massing of the plinth.