501 7th St S

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Silophant

Re: 501 7th St S

Postby Silophant » January 23rd, 2019, 9:27 am

Great!

It's pretty crazy how fast all of Thrivent's lots got redeveloped once they decided to sell. They're all closed now, right?
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » January 23rd, 2019, 11:06 am

Great!

It's pretty crazy how fast all of Thrivent's lots got redeveloped once they decided to sell. They're all closed now, right?
I think the south half of their new HQ block is back in limbo after Sherman backed out on the apartments & hotel component proposed. But I can't imagine that will sit idle for long!

Silophant

Postby Silophant » December 7th, 2021, 10:24 pm

After nearly three years in limbo, this site and project have been purchased by a new developer, according to this Bizjournals article. They plan to keep some of the micro units, but replace others with bigger units, for a total of 125 apartments, and start construction in March.

It's not clear to me how that'll work, though - my understanding is that the land use approvals would have expired two years after approval (so, November 2020), and that they would have to go back for reapproval anyway to change the unit count by that much. Presumably at that point the CPC would hold them to the ten-story minimum in the Core 50 district, since they stuck to their guns and made Sherman add a couple floors across the street.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]