Federal Reserve Riverfront Parking Ramp

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Federal Reserve Riverfront Parking Ramp

Postby grant1simons2 » January 11th, 2021, 9:18 am

Gonna go ahead and call this a loss of quasi public space. Families take their kids there a lot to just have a wide open flat space to ride their bikes and such. I'd be fine with a building going here, with park space behind, but a security fence? The Fed better reverse this stuff once they have new officials in place.

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » January 11th, 2021, 11:54 am

I ran by the Fed's parking lot the other day. It looks like they're installing a security fence around the perimeter of the parking lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Maybe they are just preparing for the upcoming inauguration. We really don't know where these terrorists will strike next.

dajazz
Nicollet Mall

Postby dajazz » January 11th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Gonna go ahead and call this a loss of quasi public space. Families take their kids there a lot to just have a wide open flat space to ride their bikes and such. I'd be fine with a building going here, with park space behind, but a security fence? The Fed better reverse this stuff once they have new officials in place.
So instead of using the bike trail that goes right next to this lot people are coming en mass to bike on a parking lot? I’ve never seen it in all my years living a few blocks away and walking/biking by here, maybe I’m just doing it wrong....?

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » January 11th, 2021, 1:36 pm

So instead of using the bike trail that goes right next to this lot people are coming en mass to bike on a parking lot? I’ve never seen it in all my years living a few blocks away and walking/biking by here, maybe I’m just doing it wrong....?
I actually did see people using it as open space last time I went by. I think overall part of this is because of the unrest. I wonder if they are going to make the temporary fence around the Fed permanent?

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » January 11th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Parents take kids to parking lots to give their kids a place to bike in circles and loops all the time near where I live.

Would be an accident waiting to happen to have kids on bikes going in circles on a trail.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 11th, 2021, 2:38 pm

Lived in Velo all summer/fall. I practiced my skateboarding over there, some bike drops. There were families that would let their kids go wild on the push bikes or learn how to unicycle? Hard surface open space is lacking in our city.

dajazz
Nicollet Mall

Postby dajazz » January 13th, 2021, 1:08 pm

Walked by this morning, they’ve got an excavator on site and are digging a trench down around the perimeter. Looks like it’ll be permanent.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » January 13th, 2021, 2:47 pm

Any chance Fed is trying to avoid prescriptive easement(s) across the lot? I don't get over here enough to know if this is likely (or legally possible).

Cat349F
Nicollet Mall

Postby Cat349F » January 18th, 2021, 9:08 pm

The new fence will be 10’ tall, and similar to the one at Azine/2nd where the armored trucks enter.
The base of each post will be a minimum of 2’ into the bedrock; i.e., don’t run into it.
Unsustainable fossil burning fool.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » March 25th, 2021, 9:00 am

Copying from the North Loop thread:
North Loop NA Planning meeting agenda for tonight
https://2w5swnzapmf232d0u3vwgc1u-wpengi ... h-2021.pdf
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK
90 HENNEPIN AVE (FENCE REPLACEMENT &
PARKING RAMP)
👀

dajazz
Nicollet Mall

Postby dajazz » March 25th, 2021, 10:43 am

It was just a typo, there is no ramp, just a big fence and new shutters on their windows.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » March 25th, 2021, 12:06 pm

They mention why they decided to put up a fence?