430 Oak Grove - (430 Oak Grove Street)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

430 Oak Grove - (430 Oak Grove Street)

Postby minneapolisguy » June 4th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Walked by the office building this morning and took a quick snap shot through one of the windows on the south side - the first floor is taking shape - this was fully clear space a few weeks ago and work has been done to start putting up the interior walls.

4-d
Metrodome

Re: Loring Park Office Building Apartments

Postby 4-d » June 5th, 2012, 10:20 am

Is that a floor? or do you think they are creating a loft feature in that apt?
^ 4-d

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » June 5th, 2012, 2:31 pm

The second floor (the main floor, accessed from the front doors) will have mezzanine apartments to take advantage of the tall windows and high ceilings.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 5th, 2012, 4:29 pm

A couple more images from this morning and this afternoon.

On my walk to work today they had some of the large windows on the 2nd floor open - something I've never seen when it was office space -they were closed all the time. It will be interesting to see what type of windows they install into the new apartments - I'm sure these old windows leak lots of air in the winter - I'm sure the new residential windows will need some type of screening as well.

The other photo is of the 15th street side of the building where the trash use to be picked up - they are digging a ditch near the wall which you can't really see well in this photo - I'm not sure why they have kept those old windows in there now - I'm guessing those will be removed at some point.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » June 5th, 2012, 5:16 pm

They will be keeping and restoring all of the original windows. An interior storm will be added for more insulation.

Don't believe the hype- old windows are only energy inefficient if they aren't maintained properly.

I've been restoring the windows on my house for the last month. :)

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 6th, 2012, 7:13 am

New bathroom shower units being delivered this morning - seems a bit odd, didn't think they were that far along in the interior but who knows. Apparenlty no fancy tiled shower/bath areas for these apartments.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » June 6th, 2012, 7:20 am

Apartment would do best with standardization and helps to save cost, and makes getting the units online much faster and tenents in before other units come online.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 6th, 2012, 6:03 pm

A few photos of the progress on the Loring Park Office Building from today.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 10th, 2012, 5:32 am

I walked by the Loring Park Office Building last night about 10:00 - they had some interior lights on so captured a few images of the 1st floor facing the park - these appear to be studio apartments - long, narrow units. The shower/bath unit is visible in 2nd photo on the right side.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » June 10th, 2012, 1:19 pm

is it me or does it look like their will be a big lobby in the middle? Anybody have a floorplan/layout yet?

*Great photos thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

*EDIT* "big lobby" as in a very large hallway! instead of the standard 4-10ft or what not.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » June 10th, 2012, 10:15 pm

The building has a center light courtyard, glazed on the first floor, open on the upper floors. The first floor center space will be the commons area for the building.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 20th, 2012, 7:35 pm

They have signs up on the building now - just in time for the wekeend Pride event advertisting their rentals

http://430oakgrove.com/

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » June 21st, 2012, 10:34 am

They have signs up on the building now - just in time for the wekeend Pride event advertisting their rentals

http://430oakgrove.com/

I kinda wish they would give it a nice name. Kinda like "Loring Park Building" "Loring Building" "The Loring" "Loring Heights" I just always remember seeing the "Loring Park Office Building" I just think they could have advertise it a bit more. Maybe even calling the building "Loring Park Apartments" Although if they do plan on turning it into condos a few years from now maybe no name is best :roll:

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » June 21st, 2012, 1:06 pm

My vote is for "The Loring".

ECtransplant
US Bank Plaza

Postby ECtransplant » June 22nd, 2012, 6:17 pm

My vote is for "The Loring".
Seconded

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » June 28th, 2012, 7:34 am

Work on the front steps being done now - these stairs were in such disrepair it was really sad.
Such a grand entrance to this building that was really neglected as an office building - even the sign on the front of the building reading Loring Park Office Building was cheap looking and not fitting with the building itself.

Hopefully they make some nice improvements to this area - installing a nice seating area with some tables or something on the upper part- there is plenty of space for somethign like that.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 12th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Walking home today I captured an image of the 15th Street side of the building - they've been working on this section for a while - I'm trying to figure out of this will be the entrance to some lower level garage parking or not - seems like it would be a slightly sharp incline for cars - and only one at a time could enter - or maybe it will be a one way exit - not sure.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » July 13th, 2012, 11:51 am

My guess it that the basement will have a one entrance/exit connecting to 15th St. (shown in your photo) for the below ground parking, and a entrance for the ground level (above the basement parking) connecting to Oak Grove. It would seem very poor use of space if they had to have a inside ramp between the two parking floors. Also assigned parking spaces would have to be a given with that design.

EDIT: it seems crazy they would need to have a two lane exit/entrance for such a small space! Having space for two lanes up to the door would be a must though. It's downtown of course your not gonna have a easy time parking it's to expensive!

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 25th, 2012, 5:05 am

here is a link to a blog showing a rendering of their club room - looks pretty nice!

http://430oakgroveblog.com/

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » July 27th, 2012, 12:03 pm

New blog posting from their website with a rendering of one of the units - looks pretty nice! This is on the main floor of the building as the 2nd floor doesn't have as high of a ceiling.