Re: Downtown Minneapolis Retail News

Postby grant1simons2 » August 6th, 2015, 12:57 pm

A peek inside the new Askov Finlayson space

http://www.journalmpls.com/news-feed/a- ... -finlayson

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 8th, 2015, 11:33 am

Was searching through the Finance & Commerce public notices and saw that yogafit filed for business at LPM. IIRC there is still some space fit for a studio there.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » August 8th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Was searching through the Finance & Commerce public notices and saw that yogafit filed for business at LPM. IIRC there is still some space fit for a studio there.
Saw some construction workers on the western end of the building that were building out next to the lobby area. That might be where the yogurt place is going. Did not see much as far as construction from the outside of the other two eat places.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » August 8th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Wait, so they are going to build a yurt in LPM?

twinkess
Target Field

Postby twinkess » August 25th, 2015, 8:22 am

I noticed they've started delivering product displays at the new Walgreen's store.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » August 25th, 2015, 9:08 am

I noticed they've started delivering product displays at the new Walgreen's store.
That is a very good sign!! :D

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 26th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Eggy's is looking very close to done. All the Lpm adds are gone from the windows and you can see tables and chairs set up.

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » August 28th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 31st, 2015, 6:10 pm

The new Walgreen's opens September 18th, according to signs posted in the windows.

I had been expecting that it would be taking up the entire first floor of its building, but that does not seem to be the case. Instead of connecting directly to Gaviidae where Sak's did, there's a corridor leading out to the street. I assume they'll be removing the doors on the Gaviidae side, since installing automatic doors in series with manual doors seems like a waste.

Also, the store doesn't extend all the way to 7th on the first floor. Hopefully that's going to be another retail spot, and they didn't decide to make the prominent corner of their building the stockroom.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » August 31st, 2015, 7:52 pm

Yeah, I just noticed today that it doesn't go to the corner...really hope that's another retail space...though I have a feeling it is not, as I see a doorway leading to the space in your pic. Would they really make the corner a back room?!? I really don't like how these blocks were chopped up and sold separate, it's kind of messy.

Also noticed that the other retail space on the skyway next to Walgreens will be an exciting Chiropractors office.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » August 31st, 2015, 8:22 pm

PS, I posted a retail rumor I heard in the rumors section.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » September 1st, 2015, 1:06 pm

The new Walgreen's opens September 18th, according to signs posted in the windows.

I had been expecting that it would be taking up the entire first floor of its building, but that does not seem to be the case. Instead of connecting directly to Gaviidae where Sak's did, there's a corridor leading out to the street. I assume they'll be removing the doors on the Gaviidae side, since installing automatic doors in series with manual doors seems like a waste.

Also, the store doesn't extend all the way to 7th on the first floor. Hopefully that's going to be another retail spot, and they didn't decide to make the prominent corner of their building the stockroom.
The door on the corner was open this afternoon. The space in the corner was taped but unpainted drywall, exposed ceiling pipes and bare concrete floor, with no furniture. If its supposed to be the store room, it does not look as close to ready customer-facing parts of the store.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » September 1st, 2015, 7:04 pm

yeah, and I noticed the doorway between that and the rest of the store was sheetrocked over...so I am guessing it is another retail space. Perhaps subleased by Walgreens.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 2nd, 2015, 5:52 pm

Maybe after they do the Macy's building they will take a shot at the Baker Center. Lord knows after WF moves out of there, they will have pretty much free reign to do what ever they damn well please. This would be a displeasure to the super tall crowd who want that as a super tall site. I'd like to see them work their magic on that set of buildings. Maybe by that time we could see some real actual retail lining Marquette that could be part of what should have been built on the mall, but due to short sighted developers, did not make space for it. Marquette is gaining more retail frontage than the mall anyway. So why not go after it!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » September 2nd, 2015, 6:52 pm

I thought WF was in Northstar. Which would also be a great place for a new tall.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 2nd, 2015, 10:07 pm

!
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » September 2nd, 2015, 10:08 pm

Cannot wait.

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » September 3rd, 2015, 7:32 am

Windows are uncovered in both the Sports Authority and Saks Off 5th spaces. You can see the escalators have been delivered for Saks.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » September 3rd, 2015, 9:08 am

I thought WF was in Northstar. Which would also be a great place for a new tall.
I don't know where WF is, but if we're replacing one of the two blocks, definitely vote that it be Northstar.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 3rd, 2015, 10:10 am

Looks like that have already replaced the walls of the second floor of the Saks space and it will be mainly glass.