Southwest - General Topics (Linden Hills, Fulton, et al)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
MNdible
is great.

Re: Southwest - General Topics (Linden Hills, Fulton, et al)

Postby MNdible » September 12th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Can we talk about how absurd it is that an elected official represents the views of her constituents?

schwinnletour
City Center

Postby schwinnletour » September 13th, 2019, 9:45 am

MNdible - LOL, it's true.

Doesn't mean that I have to like the vocal majority who shuts down any changes in the area (multi-family housing, changes to park usage - Minnehaha Parkway plan to take away option for crosstown commuting) regardless of what it is by screaming and yelling at the speakers at listening sessions. Apparently this type of behavior is ok now since we now have an elected counsel members throwing public tantrums in front of their constituents. It's gross.

2021 can't come soon enough so I can vote for somebody else for this powerful city position. Hopefully now that these officials make 6-figures we have somebody smart and resourceful to run against her.

The former-felon-plumber guy in the 2017 election really wasn't viable candidate. She basically ran unopposed.

Anondson
IDS Center

Southwest - General Topics (Linden Hills, Fulton, et al)

Postby Anondson » July 13th, 2021, 7:10 pm

Another 50th and France district housing proposal.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... pment.html

5011–5015 France Ave. S. 6-story mixed used, with 16 condos and 8,450 sq ft commercial space. Grouping two existing properties into one. 51 parking stalls for residents and store customers.

Staff recommending approval.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » July 14th, 2021, 7:52 am

Mid-Block parcels. Love to see it.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 14th, 2021, 9:03 am

Interesting that the parcel is slightly rhomboid shaped. I wonder how that ended up happening? Weird surveying mistake back in the day?

alexschief
Foshay Tower

Postby alexschief » July 14th, 2021, 2:23 pm

For some reason the submission doesn't break out how many parking spaces are reserved for each use, but the plans at the end of the document are pretty clear that there will be 32 spots reserved for residents (2 per unit) and 19 spots reserved for area shoppers. I know it's a lost cause to whine about the parking provision of this area, but I look forward to the day when buildings like this stop being quite so parking heavy. The E Line will stop right at 50th.

The design is quite nice, but I am interested how SK intends for their their exposed floorplates to handle Minnesota winters. It's probably easier and cheaper to mitigate in a smaller building like this (versus something like Aqua Tower), but it's potentially extremely wasteful in terms of energy efficiency.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » July 14th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about the floor plates too. Not great detailing for either thermal performance or long term maintenance.