Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor - General Topics

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
mulad

Re: Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor - General Topics

Postby mulad » July 3rd, 2021, 12:07 pm

Some pictures of The Shale Apartments by Minnehaha Parkway and Hiawatha Ave from Thursday. The construction zone for sewer work that had blocked off the north side of the Minnehaha Parkway bridge for the past 18 months or whatever is finally being cleared out, so it's possible to get a relatively unobstructed shot.

PXL_20210701_232951197 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

PXL_20210701_233033898 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

Also, a big chunk of the bike path on the north side of Minnehaha Parkway has been ripped out to be repaved. This is looking toward the roundabout at Minnehaha Ave.

PXL_20210701_233102665 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » July 27th, 2021, 11:38 am

Website with floor plans and rents: https://theshalempls.com/floor-plans

Sub-$1100 for studios. $1275 for a 575 sq. ft. 1br on the 2nd-4th floors, not bad IMO. The building doesn't have much in the way of amenities, but what a location. Nothing will ever get built between this and the park. Can't imagine the tiny retail space (~600 sq. ft.) will be successful, unless they lease it out for way below-market rents. If the park got more wintertime visitors maybe a coffee shop could make a go of it.

alexschief
Foshay Tower

Postby alexschief » July 27th, 2021, 12:09 pm

I took some photos of this one too.

You mention the area between this and the park, which actually is building sized. But I assume it's owned by the Park Board and likely to remain as a park. Regardless, it's a large area that I hope is landscaped in a more interesting way than just sod. Currently it's all dirt, and I imagine that sod is what they have in mind.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » August 31st, 2021, 8:49 am

Noticed a couple weeks ago fencing going up around the dentist office across the street from cub. Hopefully something good is happening.
Looks to me like they are adding an addition. They've dug a hole on the west side of the building and have the dirt piled in front of the existing building.
The addition is taking shape and looks to be coming along well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.