Midtown Global Market

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Midtown Global Market

Postby Nathan » November 5th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Lolololol ;D sounds like you like your food just as simple as your buildings. No muss no fuss. I agree about small portions though too.

John21
Rice Park

Postby John21 » November 5th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Quite the opposite, too Taco Bell :D

I much prefer the burritos Pineda Tacos, a block away from my house, even if actually ordering food there is an exercise in frustration.

Not that I think there's any inherent value in my burrito being "authentic" or "inauthentic," but Taco Cat to me is more "inauthentic" and I prefer the "authentic."
I've been to Pineda a handful of times, it's not bad. It sure would be nice if they listed their choices somewhere. Never seems to be anyone in there when I've gone. :?

cooperrez
Landmark Center

Postby cooperrez » November 5th, 2015, 10:21 pm

I thought Pineda was better when it was in the old Pizza Hut building, ingredients seemed fresher.

Touching on the authentic vs. non-authentic, am I the only one who finds Hot Indian Foods to be bland and lacking real Indian flavor? I was ready to be blown away based on the buzz and they have a cool look, but I wasn't impressed with the food. Maybe I need to try some other items.

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » November 6th, 2015, 11:13 am

Touching on the authentic vs. non-authentic, am I the only one who finds Hot Indian Foods to be bland and lacking real Indian flavor? I was ready to be blown away based on the buzz and they have a cool look, but I wasn't impressed with the food. Maybe I need to try some other items.
I've only had it at Target Field, where I both agree with your take and was pleasantly surprised as I had very low expectations.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 6th, 2015, 11:40 am

I think many places dumb down their food for the weak american pallet. Seeing hour they customers are probably Allina workers, or baseball fans they don't want to scare them away with too hot of food. Sad thing when you in a market that demands you tame things down.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » November 6th, 2015, 11:57 am

I like Hot Indian Foods. No pun intended.

jw138
Union Depot

Postby jw138 » February 28th, 2016, 9:57 am

Interesting way to keep the bathroom stalls at Midtown Global Market free of nefarious activity:

https://twitter.com/PhilmrPhil/status/6 ... 7551455232

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » February 28th, 2016, 11:08 am

Taco Cat is like a fancy white man's burrito, and I much prefer simpler food with simpler flavors, which is why I'd choose a Pineda Burrito, or even Chipotle or Qdoba, over Taco Cat any day.
That's pretty much the reaction I had, sans the racial overtones. It was just too, "Ooh, look what *we* put on a taco" for me.

I was quite disappointed given the hype.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk