Uptown - LynLake - The Wedge - News & General

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Uptown Development Map and General Discussion

Postby mplsjaromir » September 27th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Give up my car!!!! Are you out of your mind. I reverse commute and choose to live in uptown. I make several stops on my way home. Having a car is freedom. Don't you just ever drive around? I go on road trips and often just drive for the hell of it. Seriously? I would never give up my car.
I am going to take your car when you are at work. I will put your car in my shed. I am going to dangle your keys over your just out of reach. You will not have a car.

uptowncarag

Postby uptowncarag » September 27th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Give up my car!!!! Are you out of your mind. I reverse commute and choose to live in uptown. I make several stops on my way home. Having a car is freedom. Don't you just ever drive around? I go on road trips and often just drive for the hell of it. Seriously? I would never give up my car.
I am going to take your car when you are at work. I will put your car in my shed. I am going to dangle your keys over your just out of reach. You will not have a car.
Which car?

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » September 27th, 2014, 1:49 pm

10/10, will recycle this.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

TheUrbanGopher
Nicollet Mall

Postby TheUrbanGopher » September 30th, 2014, 8:20 am

Lake Street from Lake Calhoun to Girard is currently undergoing a mill & overlay. Does anybody have information on this? It'd be great if they ended up adding at least a bike lane with all that ROW they have.

buzz
City Center

Postby buzz » September 30th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Lake Street from Lake Calhoun to Girard is currently undergoing a mill & overlay. Does anybody have information on this? It'd be great if they ended up adding at least a bike lane with all that ROW they have.
As far as I know the county is supposed to finish repaving now that Centerpoint has replaced pipeline. Haven't heard anything about bike lanes.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » September 30th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Noticed some temporary street signs up on our block in the Wedge prohibiting parking from Oct. 1 to...Dec. 1! What the heck is going on that would require that?!? We didn't get anything in the mail from the city.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 1st, 2014, 8:32 am

Noticed some temporary street signs up on our block in the Wedge prohibiting parking from Oct. 1 to...Dec. 1! What the heck is going on that would require that?!? We didn't get anything in the mail from the city.
Have you already had the high speed fiber lines installed along your block? I know last year when they did Bryant we had temporary parking bans long the street.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » October 1st, 2014, 8:34 am

I believe it's for the dumpster for our re-siding project. Don't know why it's two months.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 4th, 2014, 3:46 pm

The groundwater debacle at 1800 Lake continues.

http://www.southwestjournal.com/news/ne ... d-to-court

Apartment drainage again diverted to Calhoun: http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/239322381.html
The saga continues: http://www.southwestjournal.com/news/ne ... -continues

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 4th, 2014, 4:08 pm

I noticed the *DANGER Thin Ice* bollards in the water today.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 4th, 2014, 4:13 pm

Also, this-
An analysis by EB Herman Companies conducted on behalf of the developer said the property would lose $7.85 million in value if the lower level of the parking garage was no longer functional.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 6th, 2014, 9:56 am

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Re: Uptown General Topics & Development Map

Postby seanrichardryan » December 12th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Flooding and building parking next door: http://www.startribune.com/local/minnea ... 90151.html
Last edited by seanrichardryan on December 12th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » December 12th, 2014, 11:54 pm

Really gotta wonder if this whole thing is the result of the developer knowing they couldn't pump forever but doing it anyway, hoping the city would just let them get away with it, or if they really thought their permit was allowed forever.

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » December 14th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Has anyone noticed that all the trees in the median on 31st St between Hennepin and Calhoun have been chopped down?
Why?!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 14th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Not that it is is the right answer, but the only reason I would guess is utility or sewer work that may run in that area.

TheUrbanGopher
Nicollet Mall

Postby TheUrbanGopher » December 14th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Has anyone noticed that all the trees in the median on 31st St between Hennepin and Calhoun have been chopped down?
Why?!
Those trees in the 31st median actually had to be cut down because they weren't healthy and unable to fully take root. The city (or park board, I forget which) plans to replace them next Spring with a more intricate rooting strategy so they can actually grow well.

Viktor Vaughn
Target Field

Postby Viktor Vaughn » January 6th, 2015, 8:39 am

Ned Abdul bought the former Walker library and plans a redevelopment, according to this locked F&C article.

http://finance-commerce.com/2015/01/abd ... velopment/

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » January 6th, 2015, 8:49 am

From the article in the BizJournal it didn't sound like it was going to be a redevelopment -- just a refurbishment. At least, that's what it sounded like to me, according to this blip in the article:
Abdul told the paper that potential uses include a restaurant or offices.

That's good though, since that building clearly has some character.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/m ... ptown.html

Viktor Vaughn
Target Field

Postby Viktor Vaughn » January 6th, 2015, 9:05 am

The story you link to used "redevelop" twice. I don't think that word implies a tear down. Regardless, every Abdul project I can think of has reused an old building.