Vision Loss Resources Redevelopment - Lyndale & Franklin

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
MNdible
is great.

Re: Vision Loss Resources Redevelopment - Lyndale & Franklin

Postby MNdible » September 16th, 2021, 9:21 am

Has anybody heard anything about this project? Seemed like everything was lined up, and then crickets.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » September 17th, 2021, 11:47 pm

I just drove by a couple days ago and looked for any dev signs. It is totally normal operation. I wondered if things might begin to look empty and I think that it still looks active.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » September 18th, 2021, 11:07 am

Just saw some neighborhood chatter on facebook... but now can't find it. Think they were presenting to LHENA again.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Blaisdell Greenway
Union Depot

Postby Blaisdell Greenway » September 23rd, 2022, 8:53 am

There's now a big ol' For Sale sign outside of this building marketing a warehouse. Think it's safe to say this project isn't moving forward.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » May 24th, 2023, 7:20 am

Hillcrest Development paid $2.8 Million for the property and will renovate it rather than tear down and redevelop.
the building will be positioned to house commercial tenants seeking retail, creative office, production/light assembly/flex, warehouse, and storage uses.
https://finance-commerce.com/2023/05/hi ... -makeover/

daveybabymsp
Nicollet Mall

Postby daveybabymsp » May 24th, 2023, 8:32 am

Hillcrest Development paid $2.8 Million for the property and will renovate it rather than tear down and redevelop.
the building will be positioned to house commercial tenants seeking retail, creative office, production/light assembly/flex, warehouse, and storage uses.
https://finance-commerce.com/2023/05/hi ... -makeover/

Oh cool, I saw this headline but didn’t realize it was the vision loss building. Seems like a good outcome for a site right next to an interchange/highway on & off ramps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » May 24th, 2023, 1:58 pm

This is a building that already turns away from the Lyndale/Franklin corner. Based on the rendering, it seems like it'll stay that way. Disappointing. Hopefully they can at least get some interesting tenants.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » May 25th, 2023, 12:47 pm

It only turns away from Lyndale/Franklin because all of the old window openings were covered up long ago. There's no reason they can't put windows (and hopefully a door) back in many of those ground floor openings.

I actually like saving the main building that fronts on Lyndale and Franklin, but wish they'd explicitly plan on removing the northwestern building that fronts on Aldrich to allow for infill housing. Of course, that could still happen down the line when the market is ripe. In the meantime, this has potential to be like a mini HighLight Center (another Hillcrest project in NE). The renovated building could draw a destination brewery/distillery on the ground floor and creative office space above, with outdoor patio space, etc. If they were willing to tear up a good chunk of the parking lot, they could bring in a dog park/brewery/restaurant, like BarK (Kansas City).

I wouldn't be surprised if the unique characteristics of this property allow it to be a huge success that ends up helping the whole intersection.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » May 25th, 2023, 3:16 pm

Dare one dream that the project might have enough coattails to resurrect the tragicomedic Cheers bar across the street?