Parking Lot at 4th St and Wacouta

The Most Livable City in America™
spectre000
Landmark Center

Parking Lot at 4th St and Wacouta

Postby spectre000 » August 3rd, 2012, 8:42 pm

A large for sale sign just went up on the parking lot on the southeast corner at 4th Street and Wacouta in Lowertown. This is a prime location in the heart of Lowertown next to the Union Depot and light rail station. The recently deceased Sherman Rutzick had owned the lot for a several years. A 50 unit apartment building was planned for the site about five years ago. The sign says "65 unit apartment building site" now. Hope a buyer is found soon. Would love to see this lot developed.

John
Capella Tower

Re: Parking Lot at 4th St and Wacouta

Postby John » August 5th, 2012, 6:50 pm

My hunch is it won't be for sale for long. It is an ideal location for residential development. The LRT will be a wonderful asset to downtown St Paul and is going to attract many more people to live there.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » August 6th, 2012, 9:22 am

My hunch is it won't be for sale for long. It is an ideal location for residential development. The LRT will be a wonderful asset to downtown St Paul and is going to attract many more people to live there.
Indeed, St. Paul is now the suburb with the hottest growth. :D

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » August 6th, 2012, 11:44 am

Indeed, St. Paul is now the suburb with the hottest growth. :D
Zing! Lowertown is becoming an awesome little urban village though. Definitely a great place to live and only multiplied by the LRT. I hope they do something really great there. It would be awesome to break the brick mold and do something a little more modern there. Create more variety. Especially since the new ballpark might be a little more contemporary too. I know how the neighborhood would probably react to that though... lol.