Bascali's Brick Oven

The Most Livable City in America™
mulad

Bascali's Brick Oven

Postby mulad » August 8th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Bascali's on Como Avenue near Snelling has closed. I think the sign in the window said their last day was June 26th or somewhere around there. I only noticed because the interior is all ripped up at this point, with a building permit in the window. Hopefully that means it'll get filled again soon.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Bascali's Brick Oven

Postby Nathan » August 12th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Last week I was working with the building owner, He's going to be renovating the exterior a bit, and a Thai restaurant will be going in it's place. They are getting rid of one of the curb cuts and putting in a patio on the east side. He also has plans to freshen up the front of the market across the parking lot in the near future.

mulad

Postby mulad » September 20th, 2013, 4:49 am

A new Chinese restaurant called Café 99 has moved in here, but it doesn't look like they've quite opened yet. The parking lot (shared with neighboring Shanghai Market) had been freshened up this past summer. In the rear of the building, it almost looked like they were setting up a patio space, but it just turns out to be a pad for a sizable HVAC system -- part of it seems to take cooking fumes way up to the roof above the 2nd-floor apartments.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » September 20th, 2013, 9:00 am

Let's do an UrbanMSP meetup over there sometime -- I know some people in that hood.

Minnekid
Nicollet Mall

Postby Minnekid » September 20th, 2013, 3:49 pm

I wish I was old enough haha. I'm too young for all of you.