Children's Museum Expansion

The Most Livable City in America™
at40man
Rice Park

Children's Museum Expansion

Postby at40man » January 16th, 2015, 9:24 am

Frederick Melo covers the $28 million Children's Museum expansion plan: http://www.twincities.com/family/ci_273 ... nsion-plan

I'm curious to see renderings! I am just old enough to remember when they were in Bandana Square. We'd visit the Museum, then hit up the Como Model Train Exhibit, and eat lunch at either the Greek place or the Dakota. Good memories.

And while this may be better suited to a different topic, I am surprised that McDonald's closed their location in the Wells Fargo Place/World Trade Center food court. It seemed to be mobbed with kids and parents. I have a hard time imagining they couldn't make money, and the closing happened at the same time DT Mpls lost its McDonald's as well.

TommyT
Target Field

Re: Children's Museum Expansion

Postby TommyT » January 16th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Children's Museum Expansion

Postby Wedgeguy » September 12th, 2015, 2:51 pm

This project should be getting underway in the next few weeks. Sounds like the existing section of the museum will stay open until mid -2016 and then close until it all reopens in 2017. This is a plus for St. Paul in getting families to DT. Counting the Science museum, St. Paul has far more for families than Minneapolis DT has for them.