Twin City Model Railroad Museum

The Most Livable City in America™
mulad

Twin City Model Railroad Museum

Postby mulad » January 22nd, 2016, 9:15 am

I think we've mentioned the Twin City Model Railroad Museum in passing a couple times, but I'll make a thread for it. The museum was founded in 1934 and was at the Union Depot from 1939 to 1984 when it moved to Bandana Square. They're now working on a move to a new location, which was announced this morning. They'll move to 652 Transfer Road, a building just south of Amtrak's old Midway station. The last day in Bandana Square will be February 28th, with a grand opening at the new location expected in the spring.

Here's a web version of the e-mail newsletter they sent today: http://archive.aweber.com/tcmrm-visitor ... ws_New.htm

Toward the bottom, they mention that they've raised a bit over 70% of the $100,000 they want to have for this move.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Re: Twin City Model Railroad Museum

Postby mattaudio » January 22nd, 2016, 10:15 am

UrbanMSP field trip to the current layout before it closes?

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Twin City Model Railroad Museum

Postby mister.shoes » January 22nd, 2016, 3:37 pm

We took our little boy back in October when it was on the verge of closing and again in December for the night trains. He absolutely loves it (as do his dad and grandfather, of course). It's a phenomenal layout and I'm eager to see what they pull off in their new space.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.