Fairview & University Developments

The Most Livable City in America™
Minnehahaha
Nicollet Mall

Fairview & University Developments

Postby Minnehahaha » April 10th, 2020, 7:23 pm

We now have two projects in the pipeline around the Fairview station:

Reuter Walton's proposal for a two building, 279 unit affordable housing project on the northwest corner of the Fairview/Uni intersection (Goodwill site). This one was quite a disappointment when it was proposed as a single use project on what had in the past been promoted as a potential site for major, transformative development. Word is they may have added some commercial space, but it is still a far cry from the high-density use floated in the days of Green Line planning.

http://monitorsaintpaul.com/development ... uary-2020/

Now, LS Black is proposing a 146 unit market rate building with 2,500 sf retail space on the south side of University (currently a hotel furniture liquidator and transmission shop). I had given up hope for the southeast corner of Fairview and University once Arby's (with its ridiculously huge parking lot) was renovated, so this is a pleasant surprise!

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Fairview & University Developments

Postby alexschief » June 30th, 2020, 11:04 am

Reuter Walton's project has gotten some Livable Community funds from the Met Council, and a rendering for the project is the lead image of the new item.

Whatever they showed that was so underwhelming in their first presentation seems to have undergone some changes. The two buildings, will read as six from the street, with a height of seven stories. It looks quite significant to me, although I don't know whether there will be a commercial element.

GILBball
Metrodome

Postby GILBball » January 10th, 2021, 8:08 pm

BIG hole in the ground at Fairview/University. The Reuter Walton project is kicked off.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 10th, 2021, 9:36 pm

We now have two projects in the pipeline around the Fairview station:
Now, LS Black is proposing a 146 unit market rate building with 2,500 sf retail space on the south side of University (currently a hotel furniture liquidator and transmission shop). I had given up hope for the southeast corner of Fairview and University once Arby's (with its ridiculously huge parking lot) was renovated, so this is a pleasant surprise!

This particular project is dead. The existing furniture store has been purchased by Keystone Community Services and will be used for their food shelf distribution program. A good thing, but everyone was really looking forward to this too.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.