Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Twin Cities Suburbs
FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby FISHMANPET » October 26th, 2015, 10:18 pm

As an aside, I once had to wait going to 280 via Broadway because of a Minnesota Commercial train that was crossing the street. But it was actually just moving cars around so it pulled into the intersection, stopped, and then went back into the complex.

So closing Broadway would be great if that's going to be a shunting yard for the complex, or shutting down the rail use of the complex if it's not going to need it anymore would be great.

pannierpacker
Metrodome

Re: Roseville - General Topics

Postby pannierpacker » November 19th, 2015, 12:38 pm

The former Country Side restaurant in Roseville is getting replaced by a brand new building, a Pizza Luce! Who would have thought an urban chain like this would have made it's way out to Roseville? Hopefully, it does well, since restaurants in this location have struggled historically. Pizza Luce has historically attracted lots of cyclists. Maybe something better could happen with Snelling Ave? Perhaps a trail could be installed from Lydia to County Road C along the former service road grading? MN-DOT and Roseville, are you listening?

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/n ... nsion.html

Pizza Luce is now open!

mulad

Postby mulad » December 1st, 2015, 6:25 pm

Rojo Mexican Grill is now open in the former Macaroni Grill space.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » February 11th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Von Maur in the expansion plans for Rosedale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/n ... nsion.html

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » March 2nd, 2016, 12:14 pm

matthew5080
Rice Park

Postby matthew5080 » March 2nd, 2016, 3:47 pm

That's great news! I'm more excited to see a renovated Rosedale though, seeing as Ridgedale got such a nice makeover this one should be pretty good too.

pannierpacker
Metrodome

Postby pannierpacker » March 24th, 2016, 6:42 am

I'm disappointed about the new parking ramp that is going to be located right next to the road. They could make better use of their property frontage against County Road B2. That might make even more sense if "B2" was called something other than "B2". Seriously though, this is one of the few spaces along the Rosedale-scape where the property level is actually at the same elevation as the street. What a lost opportunity...

UrsusUrbanicus
Nicollet Mall

Postby UrsusUrbanicus » March 24th, 2016, 10:07 am

In our messaging against the ramp, we should refer to it as "The Thing on B2". :geek:

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » March 24th, 2016, 11:07 am

Yep, the parking ramp is going to destroy the otherwise delightful B2.

It's probably worth noting that Southdale (the other mall that's probably most comparable) sits on a much bigger piece of land.

hoffm83n
Metrodome

Postby hoffm83n » April 8th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Roseville is seeing a good amount of development .
http://www.cityofroseville.com/2787/Twi ... e-Projects

a couple hotels are going up off of cleveland. biotech company headquarters being built. cleveland 35w interchange is being redone. a grocery (aldi?) anchored tenant is going up. ive heard that on the west side of arthur st. there is going to be retail plus apartments. also 3rd hand heard that hub hobby is replacing babies r us next to total wine

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » April 8th, 2016, 7:30 pm

So pleased to have the Twin Lakes Parkway extended through breaking up the old industrial megablocks.

pannierpacker
Metrodome

Postby pannierpacker » April 11th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Twin Lakes Parkway east of Fairview is going to be revamped as well including some intersection changes on it's route. A signal is going up on Fairview and intersections on the way to Snelling/C2 are going to me modified to allow for a more free-flowing route east/west.

City Council is voting on moving it to final design tonight:

http://www.cityofroseville.com/Document ... View/19839

What strikes me is that the purpose of Twin Lakes was to convert some truck terminals to a new region in Roseville that plays around with urbanism, mixed use, and walkability. Nowhere in this project plan do I see any efforts to improve walk-ability in this corridor.

So, a double left turn at Snelling and C2 is the answer to the existing proposed congestion? Also, the intersection at C2 and Lincoln looks much less safe after the proposed changes.

hoffm83n
Metrodome

Postby hoffm83n » April 12th, 2016, 8:45 am

i drive through the lincoln/c2 intersection prolly 50 times a week and these are good changes. Angling southbound Lincoln drive to the east will prevent people from running that stop sign which has almost caused me multiple accidents. Double left turn and barrier will prevent the UNW shuttle from blocking all traffic and hopefully minimize the 3+ traffic signal cycles that i have to wait through in rush hour in the winter.

Anondson
IDS Center

Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Anondson » October 3rd, 2016, 9:42 pm

Rosedale major remodel starting very soon, to be done by holiday 2017. Von Maur arrives 2018.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/10/0 ... nnovation/

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » October 4th, 2016, 9:26 am

I wonder if the remodel will help lead to the same kinds of development we've seen nearby Southdale. There's a lot of people who would choose to live in Roseville for relatively easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul, but not much new multifamily housing to match.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » October 4th, 2016, 10:34 am

Rosedale sits on a smaller site than Southdale, and it's already had its corners (the least attractive overflow parking locations) "clipped" by the adjacent road geometry. So redevelopment will probably be difficult until one of the old anchors folds.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » October 4th, 2016, 10:54 am

Plus it's hemmed in on two sides by MnDot.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » October 4th, 2016, 11:30 am

Rosedale needs to figure out how to keep restaurants in the newer outdoor section near the movie theater. Granite City seems to do ok, Potbelly and Chipotle do as expected, but the others are empty and have not done well. My wife thinks the businesses that face the new Von Maur will struggle too.

jebr
Nicollet Mall

Postby jebr » October 4th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Yeah, anything on the Rosedale property itself would probably be hard to manage. There's some small parking lots along the edge that are rarely used, but I'm not sure if they're large enough to put housing on. In the general area I'm not sure how high the actual demand is for apartments in south Roseville (where transit access is much greater.) Rents still seem to run fairly low for the metro area (at least that I had seen) and at least in the complex I live in there's usually a couple of vacancies, and there's not a lot of units.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » October 20th, 2016, 7:09 am

Aldi to fill in a spot at the Twin Lakes Parkway development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/n ... j=76188861