Hoigaard Village - St. Louis Park

Twin Cities Suburbs
lorwest
Nicollet Mall

Hoigaard Village - St. Louis Park

Postby lorwest » July 29th, 2012, 9:50 am

Originally proposed as a 4-story condominium building, this has been rehashed as a 5-story apartment building, directly to the north of the existing Harmony Vista at Hoigaard Village. Foundation work started this month.
Adagio.jpg

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Re: Adagio at Hoigaard Village - St. Louis Park

Postby min-chi-cbus » July 29th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Could you (or someone else) provide a link about the project and developer? I don't believe I've heard about this one...

Is this just South of Hoiggard Village?

Ubermoose
Nicollet Mall

Postby Ubermoose » August 8th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Yes, it is pretty much against the south parking area at Hoigaard Village and directly north of the Four Firkins.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 9th, 2012, 7:22 am

^Thanks!

Still no link to an article or rendering?

Here's the Google Map of the area: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=o ... d=0CH4QtgM

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » August 9th, 2012, 7:29 am

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Ubermoose
Nicollet Mall

Postby Ubermoose » August 14th, 2012, 3:34 pm

I really hope that the city has a plan in place for the added traffic from this project, TowerLight , and the future phase of Hoigaard Village. At the very least another stop light on 36th will be necessary. I understand that some of this is being built with the SW rail in mind, but that seems to be a long way off.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 14th, 2012, 9:24 pm

I really hope that the city has a plan in place for the added traffic from this project, TowerLight , and the future phase of Hoigaard Village. At the very least another stop light on 36th will be necessary. I understand that some of this is being built with the SW rail in mind, but that seems to be a long way off.
Haven't you heard.....high-density residential development doesn't necessarily yield nearly the levels of traffic that people think they do. Traffic isn't a major concern of mine, and neither is an additional light (I'm not even sure where that would go, to be honest). The final phase of Hoigaard Village is townhomes -- the least dense development of the entire plan -- so its contribution to traffic will likely have the least impact, respectively. I'm not sure what TowerLight is though....

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » August 14th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Well, the recently reconstructed Wooddale intersection is a mess. With light rail cutting it in half in addition to the slow moving freight trains it will probably need a little help, density or not.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » August 15th, 2012, 9:27 am

Not sure if it's feasible now, but it would be ideal to have TC&W and SWLRT grade separate into a cut underneath Wooddale. 36th could even be extended west on a bridge over TC&W and SWLRT to match the Lake Street/South TH-7 Frontage Road.

mulad

Postby mulad » August 15th, 2012, 10:28 am

I think the freight rail tracks are supposed to go away at Wooddale if the junction ever gets built to connect with Canadian Pacific's north-south MN&S line immediately to the west. They'll be replaced by SWLRT tracks, of course, but those trains are faster and shorter.

I'm not a huge fan of stoplights in general these days since they force traffic to queue up, often pushing traffic engineers to add extra lanes for both straight-through and turning traffic. Roundabouts and simple 4-way stops tend to avoid that problem, so roads don't have to be as wide -- but the roads are already wide here, so I'm not sure what the best option is.

I think the ideal would be if some of the superblocks in the area can continue to be subdivided into smaller chunks, like what's happening in the Hoigaard Village area and at Excelsior & Grand not too far away. If there can be more options added for traffic to go more directly from point to point, then a lot of the stress will be alleviated from the major arterials in the area, and then maybe possibly the arterials themselves could be narrowed and calmed.

But that seems pretty unlikely for some of these roads.

Neptune
Block E

Postby Neptune » August 29th, 2012, 10:07 pm

http://www.startribune.com/business/139465743.html

Here's an old link with some info. The Adagio portion is 100 units of apartments. Dunbar Development is the owner.

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » November 15th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Sorry for the poor quality! All I had on me was my not so smart phone.
Hoigaard.png
Hoigaard TH.png

Nick
Capella Tower

Re: Hoigaard Village - St. Louis Park

Postby Nick » December 30th, 2012, 7:33 pm

Lots of new density over here. The retail spots are almost filled up along 36th Street.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » December 30th, 2012, 10:17 pm

I'm really liking all the density added over along Wooddale. Should play nicely with the LRT.

Edit: BTW Nick holy hell you got around today. I feel like we owe you gas money.

lorwest
Nicollet Mall

Postby lorwest » March 2nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Status today:
Adagio.jpg

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » March 10th, 2013, 10:26 am

On the way home from the gym.

web

Postby web » March 10th, 2013, 3:00 pm

wow the snow is goin away fast.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » March 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm

is it (the snow)? It was about 70 degrees today in Cleveland -- unreal -- made me check to see how Minny was holding up weather-wise......can't be more than a week or two from the kind of weather Cleveland had today, the snow here has been gone for a few days and we JUST missed a major storm, which helps a ton! Seems like Minny just got side-swiped by a major storm too, and hopefully the snow will be gone by the end of the coming week.

So Hoigaard Villae is fairly close to the nearest SW Corridor station, right? This is tremendous infill for station development (or TOD) and it really helps make the numbers justify the financial decisions of economic impact from the existance of the line. I know a lot of that stuff is total flub but if people need a cost/benefit justification for the existance/expansion of rail then they'll need flubby numbers like this to feel like these projects are justified.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » March 10th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Well, you are going back to reality after tomorrow. Lol. Both Cleveland and Minneapolis will be in the 30s the rest of the week, which is below average. No 80 degree days in March like last year! We had a big snow storm like a week ago, so we had 13 inches on the ground...most of the whole year! That is down to less than 6 now. Can't be gone soon enough for me, but it will be a late spring this year I think. The extended outlook is below normal every day.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » March 10th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Yes, Hoigaard Village is right on the Southwest LRT line and between two stations, Wooddale and Beltline, so a great location. Also, walking distance to plenty of shops, LA Fitness where I go, Target, movie theater, etc. Right on the bike trail. Not a bad location at all.