Bloomington - General Topics

Twin Cities Suburbs
Tcmetro
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Bloomington - General Topics

Postby Tcmetro » January 14th, 2019, 1:33 pm

This area is already a dead zone outside of rush hour traffic (which is all cars, not pedestrians). I would hope that new office developments in Bloomington are guided to areas with higher mixes of residential and commercial uses (Penn and American, South Loop, 98th/35W).

Mdcastle
Foshay Tower

Postby Mdcastle » May 13th, 2020, 6:49 pm

RBCU Credit Union addition is done. Looks like a nice, modern commercial building

Mdcastle
Foshay Tower

Postby Mdcastle » June 11th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Bloomington Facebook chatter is that Taqueria las cuatro milpas took over the old 1st Wok location today and hope to open within a month. Their Facebook page is apparently in Spanish but they do note they're opening a new location with a "spacious parking lot". I've thought about checking out the Tacqueria across from Menards numerous times but I've never, ever been able to find a parking space there.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » June 12th, 2020, 8:42 am

Bloomington Facebook chatter is that Taqueria las cuatro milpas took over the old 1st Wok location today and hope to open within a month. Their Facebook page is apparently in Spanish but they do note they're opening a new location with a "spacious parking lot". I've thought about checking out the Tacqueria across from Menards numerous times but I've never, ever been able to find a parking space there.
That's fun, I look forward to checking it out. Andale Taqueria across from Menards is really good - they were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and for good reason! If their lot is full, you can park on one of the adjacent side streets and walk a block. The Mercado is fun place to visit too.

DanPatchToget
US Bank Plaza

Postby DanPatchToget » September 20th, 2020, 11:26 am

There's a proposal for 15 townhomes on the northeast corner of Penn & 86th Street. I believe the single-family home on the site has been demolished. Of course some people in the surrounding area are very against it, saying it will increase traffic, destroy the residential character of the neighborhood, and increase water levels in Lower and Upper Penn Lake.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » September 20th, 2020, 11:53 am

15 townhomes.
Increase traffic.
Of course they think this.

What ruins the water surrounding the lake are all the mono crop lawns right up the water.