St. Anthony Village

Twin Cities Suburbs
Anondson
IDS Center

Re: St. Anthony Village

Postby Anondson » October 11th, 2017, 12:08 pm

This is a really bad look for St. Anthony to bait and switch just to clear a mobile home park.

Tiller
Foshay Tower

Postby Tiller » October 11th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Wow.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 11th, 2017, 1:47 pm

I hope they get sued like crazy!

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » October 11th, 2017, 2:32 pm

It just upsets me, you can't expect to live in a 1st ring suburb and expect density to never happen.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » October 11th, 2017, 2:39 pm

I find it upsetting that so much would be done to remove some of the more affordable housing in the inner-metro used by vulnerable persons.

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » October 11th, 2017, 2:53 pm

If the facts are as they have been reported, this is a disgrace, and I hope the developer has enough documentation and legal grounds to sue the town.

"Density concerns" is an embarrassing phrase. That the word "density" can be considered a "concern" on its own, with no further description is a relic of early 1900's thinking, but it continues to occupy the minds of suburban residents and governments. Density isn't an obvious and intrinsic dis-amenity like pollution or crime. Some people of course think that density brings these things, but they should at least have to justify their objection directly, instead of hand waving about density.

phop
Landmark Center

Postby phop » November 30th, 2017, 6:14 pm

http://www.savmn.com/DocumentCenter/View/826

The group came back with a plan that is significantly worse. No street frontage to speak of. 51 affordable units vs 97 originally. A brand new large parking lot fronting a portion of the Stinson/Lowry commercial node. It would create a 90s-esque suburban parkingscape located right on the border to Minneapolis. Even with a significant reduction in density, this did not have to be as offensive as proposed. St. Anthony botched this badly.

phop
Landmark Center

Postby phop » January 25th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Community meeting update: developers have hilariously added a pathway between the sidewalk on Stinson Parkway and one of the buildings "fronting" the street, because this is the kind of thing you can do when you propose a 95 foot set-back from the sidewalk. They've also added a remarkable "proof of parking" illustration in front of the other building to front Stinson Parkway and have increased the setback to 103 feet. The affordable housing component also seems to no longer be part of the initial proposal. This project is really something.

Bob Stinson's Ghost
Landmark Center

Postby Bob Stinson's Ghost » January 25th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Community meeting update: developers have hilariously added a pathway between the sidewalk on Stinson Parkway and one of the buildings "fronting" the street, because this is the kind of thing you can do when you propose a 95 foot set-back from the sidewalk. They've also added a remarkable "proof of parking" illustration in front of the other building to front Stinson Parkway and have increased the setback to 103 feet. The affordable housing component also seems to no longer be part of the initial proposal. This project is really something.
I predict unanimous approval.

sdho
US Bank Plaza

Postby sdho » January 25th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Didn't see the November thing until now. This site plan is awful.

1. Why is the workforce housing completely segregated? Why not just allow a percentage of the units to be reserved?

2. Surface parking lot on key corner at Lowry & Stinson.

3. Setbacks, as other have said, are excessive. Given the "parkway" status, I think some setback and green space is appropriate. Zero-lot-line would be out of character -- but why not match the SFH setback of 20-30 feet across the street?

4. That sad extension of 26th Ave NE as a parking lot parkway.

5. Zero activation of Kenzie Terrace. Drainage ponds and surface lots, and I guess a couple narrow ends of buildings with no entrances.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » January 26th, 2018, 10:44 am

:cry:

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 26th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Welcome to downtown SAV- https://goo.gl/maps/Hw4be7cD1h52

What'd ya expect?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » January 29th, 2018, 9:50 am

Yeah, my guess is that if this hadn't controversially replaced the trailer park, this project wouldn't be on anybody's radar.

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » January 29th, 2018, 12:09 pm

I live just a couple of blocks away from this. The people displaced by this are still reeling and have had to rely on a lot of donations, help with finding housing, even trying to find higher paying jobs to support new housing. Luckily this is a fairly generous neighborhood.
I never thought the trailer park was a big eyesore, but not having the trailers there actually makes it look worse. I'm anxious for a new development, but I really hope this isn't the final proposal. That parking lot at Stinson and Kenzie looks terrible now, lets tear everything down so we can replace it with the exact same parking lot in the exact same place, that'll be awesome!! smh

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » March 4th, 2018, 1:58 pm

To think what could have been...

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » March 5th, 2018, 8:51 am

To think what could have been...

what a shame!

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » March 5th, 2018, 9:38 am

So is it official that we are going to have the crappy plan? Any chance that he could get better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nstudenski
Metrodome

Postby nstudenski » March 5th, 2018, 10:15 am

So is it official that we are going to have the crappy plan? Any chance that he could get better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anything we can do?

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 5th, 2019, 12:29 pm

http://www.startribune.com/st-anthony-l ... 508169652/

The developer that bought and closed Lowry Grove, St. Anthony’s only mobile home park, is moving ahead with plans to bring mobile homes back onto the property.

But this time around, it will be known as “Urban Grove.”

A website for the new community touts the 15-acre property’s lush green lawns, mature oak trees and proximity to Minneapolis.

There’s no mention of the site’s tangled history, including its controversial sale in 2016 and closure in 2017, which forced out nearly 100 families...

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 5th, 2019, 12:31 pm