New Brighton

Twin Cities Suburbs
Anondson
IDS Center

New Brighton

Postby Anondson » April 17th, 2019, 4:29 pm

400 units of housing in New Brighton's “main street-like” core.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/04/do ... -brighton/

In one development, Arden Hills neighbor adding 1/3 of the units of housing that Arden Hills will accept at Rice Creek Commons.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Re: 581 Old Highway 8 — New Brighton

Postby Qhaberl » April 18th, 2019, 8:00 pm

The article talks about low income families. How are these families going to get around. What transit options are there in that area? The article cited the fact that it’s close to downtown Minneapolis. How long does it take to get to downtown Minneapolis if you don’t drive? If there is transit service in this area, and I don’t think there really is, how reliable is it?

I’m all for making the suburbs more dense. That’s one of the tenants of new urbanism, But what’s the point if the transit options aren’t available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » April 18th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Well, it looks like the 4 has a stop right exactly here. As does the 141.

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » April 19th, 2019, 5:33 am

That’s really good! On a personal note, it annoys me when I see articles that referred to affordable housing and said articles don’t mention access to public transit.

I can’t see, hence why am asking this question, how wide are the street crossings in that area? Will it be relatively easy for pedestrians to get from the proposed development to the bus stop? I’m thinking in particular about the residence of the apartment building portion, although it would be ideal for the residence of the townhomes do you have easy access as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk