Arcata Apartments - Golden Valley

Twin Cities Suburbs
Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Re: Arcata Apartments - Golden Valley

Postby Archiapolis » April 15th, 2015, 11:51 am

Solhavn 1 bedroom (at least some of them) have a closet between the bathroom and the bedroom, but the bathroom is also accessible from the main living area. Best of both worlds?
As I said in another reply...this is doable (and the ideal) for a well-sized 1 bedroom.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » April 15th, 2015, 11:54 am

My interest was because we're squeezing a bathroom into our house's biggest bedroom where there wasn't one. Due to the layout of the room and window placement (and my desire to not lose any or have to add siding in place of a window), we now have a walk-through closet. I guess I don't see much of a big deal if the bathroom is at the end of the path. It's our private bathroom, is mostly used for showering/brushing teeth, and as such using the closet is highly correlated with bathroom use. One of us can get dressed without entering a stinky bathroom. Sorta bonus, a closet with clothes dampens bathroom noise beyond just a door/wall. And of course we have another bath for the rare occasion guests come over. Anyway, like cast iron skillets, glad to see we all have such passionate views on things.
I think this is a good configuration. Bedroom-->closet-->bathroom as I opined earlier; plenty of times you need closet stuff that don't involve a bathroom visit but rarely vice versa. I also like the "sound separation" aspect to the closet (especially with all of the hanging clothes to dampen sound).

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » April 15th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Thanks for the thorough replies, Archiapolis. That's very helpful to understand why things work that way. As a homeowner almost 10 years removed from my last apartment, I forget just how space-constrained a one-bedroom can be.

As an aside, we finished our basement last year and I got to do all the planning of the rooms and walls and such. I was surprised at how quickly space disappears. So no, I don't envy what you are trying to accomplish, especially when it's all being "value" engineered.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.