Orange Line / 35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown Project

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Mdcastle
Foshay Tower

Re: Orange Line / 35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown Project

Postby Mdcastle » June 7th, 2021, 7:15 am

My vague recollection is that local businesses were all gung-ho about the exit ramp to make it easy for people to drive to their businesses from the north, but they were substantially less enthusiastic about making it easy for people to get home once they had patronized their businesses. That and that the entrance ramp would require braiding but the exit ramp would not and the presence of the Franklin ramp be maintained meant the entrance ramp was dropped.

There's also something to be said for picking your battles. 35W north of 76th has 60 year concrete that's now 0-20 years old. It would be a big battle to redo that. 35W south of 76th has 30 year concrete that's now 60 years old. A good battle to fight would be to move operations to the center, including a centerline 98th Street station and left bus only entrance and exit ramps at 13 and American.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » July 21st, 2021, 10:54 am

Do we know if the Orange Line (and related local bus changes) will begin service with the December pick? The website still says opening late 2021, and as far as we know, the 35W roadwork is on schedule to be substantially complete by that time. I ask because both the A and C Lines opened 6 months late, in June of the following year, despite having been announced for "Late 2015/2018" throughout their planning phases. With the fall schedule changes coming up, I'd think Metro Transit would know pretty definitively at this point if December is going to stick or not.

Have the Orange Line buses already been delivered?

Bakken2016
Target Field

Postby Bakken2016 » July 27th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Do we know if the Orange Line (and related local bus changes) will begin service with the December pick? The website still says opening late 2021, and as far as we know, the 35W roadwork is on schedule to be substantially complete by that time. I ask because both the A and C Lines opened 6 months late, in June of the following year, despite having been announced for "Late 2015/2018" throughout their planning phases. With the fall schedule changes coming up, I'd think Metro Transit would know pretty definitively at this point if December is going to stick or not.

Have the Orange Line buses already been delivered?
Yes, still planned for the December Pick. I don’t believe the buses have been delivered yet, I walk through Heywood Garage regularly and haven’t seen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk