Red Line (Cedar Avenue BRT)

Roads - Rails - Sidewalks - Bikeways
Oreos&Milk
Nicollet Mall

Re: Red Line (Cedar Avenue BRT)

Postby Oreos&Milk » October 17th, 2020, 6:44 pm

If the 94 route can be an express bus connecting the downtowns having a similar service from MOA to the downtowns seems worth looking into. Maybe even connecting them all into an O Line service with a round loop service going in both directions.

Even if red line rides didn’t have a one seat ride into downtown I think they would value a two seat ride with the option of going into either downtowns but perhaps service into downtown St. Paul is not as important as it used to or is projected to be in the 5-15 years future when such a line could be built. Just a thought.

Scott Wood
Metrodome

Re: Red Line (Cedar Avenue BRT)

Postby Scott Wood » October 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm

If the 94 route can be an express bus connecting the downtowns having a similar service from MOA to the downtowns seems worth looking into. Maybe even connecting them all into an O Line service with a round loop service going in both directions.

Even if red line rides didn’t have a one seat ride into downtown I think they would value a two seat ride with the option of going into either downtowns but perhaps service into downtown St. Paul is not as important as it used to or is projected to be in the 5-15 years future when such a line could be built. Just a thought.
I'm not sure there's much value to forming a loop if the service only has three (clusters of) stops -- nobody's going to ride through one to the next instead of just going the opposite direction. It'd make more sense to have each express link be a continuation of another line -- Red Line for MOA to DT Minneapolis, Gold Line for DT St Paul to DT Minneapolis, and (if warranted) Purple Line for DT St Paul to MOA.