Bassett Creek Valley Redevelopment

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
NickP
Target Field

Re: Bassett Creek Valley Redevelopment

Postby NickP » February 19th, 2021, 1:03 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities ... venue.html

MSP Business Journal article on the modular apartments on Glenwood.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » May 24th, 2021, 9:33 am

Here is a development going in on N 2nd and Humboldt ave N. https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/Download ... hments.pdf
I biked by this site the other day and Yellow Tree seems to be the developer.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » February 3rd, 2022, 5:51 pm

349 units proposed for 250 Fremont N.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... rhood.html

BigIdeasGuy
Union Depot

Postby BigIdeasGuy » February 4th, 2022, 5:59 pm

The founder of Minneapolis City, a local community owned & operated 501c(3) soccer club, hinted in a recent article that the club is likely to outgrow it's home on Augsburg's campus as it continues to grow and give more local talent a chance to play the game at a high level.

After spending entirely too long looking at Google Maps I came to conclusion that Bassett Creek Valley, specifically the impound lot west of Van White, is as good a location as any in city limits for the club to have a stadium/complex they can control. Centrally located, future great access to transit (hopefully), solid road access, space for both a small stadium & additional fields, no neighbors to complain about light/noise, etc.

I highly recommend everyone to check the club out even if they aren't fans of the sport, the club does a ton great work in the community especially with their Futures program.

https://www.protagonistsoccer.com/cover ... ity-recap/

Hero
Landmark Center

Postby Hero » February 7th, 2022, 1:29 am

I've thought it would be cool to have an ice rink or soccer field on top of the A, B or C ramps downtown.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9808957 ... 3?hl=en-GB

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » February 7th, 2022, 10:47 am

How much control do they need? Is Parade Park utilized enough? I remember calls for Parade Stadium to host a Minneapolis minor league team in the way-back.

BigIdeasGuy
Union Depot

Postby BigIdeasGuy » February 7th, 2022, 2:06 pm

I can't give you a direct answer on either of those questions, I would venture to guess it is more control than the Park Board would be willing to give. I'm also guessing you are thinking of Parade Stadium that was torn down in the 90's and now there are just a couple sets of aluminum bleachers.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » February 7th, 2022, 2:18 pm

All they would have to do is remove the parking and build a centrally located underground ramp to keep it in the current area. This is getting off the topic of this thread however.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » April 24th, 2022, 10:18 pm

Coverage of all the upcoming projects.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... opers.html

RedDutch
Metrodome

Postby RedDutch » April 25th, 2022, 5:37 am

It is locked

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » April 25th, 2022, 8:39 am

The article is more about the Harrison Neighborhood than Bassett Creek. Olson Court is on Highway 55. There isn't really anything new in the article. It just highlights several projects which have been working through the city for the past months. One thing, not mentioned is that the Wellington Proposal had to undergo flood plain analysis and is back to the Planning Committee. An aside. Carl Eller lives near me and has giant wooden football players in his front yard. It's nice to see locals involved in development.

alexschief
Wells Fargo Center

Postby alexschief » June 23rd, 2022, 10:50 am

250 Fremont Ave N is back before the CPC and it's gotten significantly worse for reasons that I can't really understand. The new proposal has 24 fewer housing units and 135 more parking spaces.

It's gone from something that was genuinely quite a progressive development in terms of mobility to something that's decidedly below average. Extremely disappointing and thankfully rare to see something go backwards by so much.

Bakken2016
Wells Fargo Center

Postby Bakken2016 » June 24th, 2022, 8:06 am

250 Fremont Ave N is back before the CPC and it's gotten significantly worse for reasons that I can't really understand. The new proposal has 24 fewer housing units and 135 more parking spaces.

It's gone from something that was genuinely quite a progressive development in terms of mobility to something that's decidedly below average. Extremely disappointing and thankfully rare to see something go backwards by so much.
ugh and 2 blocks from a Green Line Extension station...

BoredAgain
Union Depot

Postby BoredAgain » June 28th, 2022, 12:21 pm

ugh and 2 blocks from a Green Line Extension station...
A green line station that won't open for 10(?) years because of lawsuits, swamp tunnels, and incompetence. It wouldn't surprise me if the developer and banks saw the new schedule and decided they needed more parking to get a quick payback.

thespeedmccool
Union Depot

Postby thespeedmccool » June 28th, 2022, 5:30 pm

Yeah I've been wondering about that too. We're still 5+ years from opening, and these apartments will be completed years before then. Not having one parking stall per unit is basically unworkable, especially in Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, etc.

Doesn't apply as well here (considering this is near the C Line and on the 9 and future(?) C Line,) but I can imagine developers aren't exactly enthused about selling these as "transit-accessible eventually!"

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » June 28th, 2022, 11:09 pm

Yeah I've been wondering about that too. We're still 5+ years from opening, and these apartments will be completed years before then. Not having one parking stall per unit is basically unworkable, especially in Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, etc.

Doesn't apply as well here (considering this is near the C Line and on the 9 and future(?) C Line,) but I can imagine developers aren't exactly enthused about selling these as "transit-accessible eventually!"
For what it is worth, Alatus received approval for a building that on the 325 Blake site in Hopkins that starts construction this fall with way below 1:1 parking to unit. I think it was like .6 or .7?

rhettcarlson
Nicollet Mall

Postby rhettcarlson » November 29th, 2022, 11:27 am

The Rise Modular site has broken ground. There was a construction fence up and dirt moved when I biked by this past weekend.

John21
Rice Park

Postby John21 » November 29th, 2022, 4:48 pm

I hope it’s successful! The mod apartment on 42nd St near my house looks great.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » November 30th, 2022, 10:44 am

The Rise Modular site has broken ground. There was a construction fence up and dirt moved when I biked by this past weekend.
They broke ground on it two months ago. They put in a ton of pilings, then they let them sit for a month or so. As of a few days ago they were still then excavating out around the pilings I think to do the footings which they've been working on for at least a couple weeks.

What is surprising, but not surprising is how much time it is taking for them to prep for the modular pieces.

They also tore down the building across the street from the Distillery and are using it for storage of various things including portapotties.

rhettcarlson
Nicollet Mall

Postby rhettcarlson » June 27th, 2023, 8:12 am

Woda Cooper Breaks Ground on Shelby Commons Affordable Housing Community in Downtown Minneapolis

https://rebusinessonline.com/woda-coope ... nneapolis/

I think this is at N Lyndale & Glenwood based on the rendering. This is Woda Cooper's first project in the city. They call themselves "the country's first employee-owned, vertically-integrated affordable real estate company." Co-developed with PPL. Another nice gap filled on the Glenwood corridor.