The Edge on Oak - (406 12th Avenue Southeast)

Northeast, Near North, Camden, Old St. Anthony, University and surrounding neighborhoods
FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Re: The Edge on Oak - (406 12th Avenue Southeast)

Postby FISHMANPET » August 16th, 2012, 8:01 am

Just as much as "it has brick" isn't a very good criticism, I think "it has fake brick" leads something to the be desired. Brick veneer is not brick, it's something else. it emulates the look of real brick. That can look silly when you try to duplicate the look of real brick, because if you want it to look like real brick, just use real brick.

But real brick can't give this smooth seamless finish like a brick veneer. Some people say it looks bad because it's pretending to be something it's not. I say it looks good because it's not pretending to be something it's not.

Now I can understand if it's applied poorly or won't last, that's bad, but if the biggest problem we have with brick veneer is that it's not real brick and it isn't used like real brick, then there's a problem.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » October 7th, 2012, 10:53 am

So after sitting out in the elements for a bit, I think this project looks a lot better than it did at first. Isn't going to win any awards, but it's infill.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » November 11th, 2013, 10:39 am

Walked by this place last night. Looks really good lit up at night!!