Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
David Greene
IDS Center

Re: Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Postby David Greene » February 8th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Just to be clear, you're referring to Ryan the shamrock-themed real-estate firm, not Ryan "Big Desk" Nelson, right?
Correct. And I should clarify that I know absolutely nothing beyond that very short conversation. It's been quite some time since then so plans have likely changed.

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » February 9th, 2015, 10:18 am

Bizarre that June/DerekM have ditched posting on SSC, but continue to update the fake LinkedIns. Who is the hoaxster trying to hoax at this point? What are the motivations for continuing?
Great point. What exactly is the end-game now with basically everyone figuring out it's a hoax on both websites that they posted on.

Maybe to make it seem as if they're still ligit, and just mad and thus not posting anymore.

DFPegg
Metrodome

Postby DFPegg » February 9th, 2015, 10:37 am

If it is just RC, maybe he just wants to show his peeps in Wells and other places in Southern Minnesota that he's thick in the Minneapolis development world. Idk

TTT
Metrodome

Postby TTT » February 9th, 2015, 10:39 am

If it is just RC, maybe he just wants to show his peeps in Wells and other places in Southern Minnesota that he's thick in the Minneapolis development world. Idk
Is the thought now that the hoaxer is either Rick Christensen or someone no one knows? Not a group of people?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » February 10th, 2015, 11:48 pm

One of the SSC moderators is reporting that DerekM, LukeNNicole and TexasRE are all the same person.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 10th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Link?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Ryan Nelson Today:

Postby grant1simons2 » February 10th, 2015, 11:57 pm

I'm laughing at people's reaction to this retail resurgence downtown, these are the same people who doubted it would ever happen. We've been working on it for years, the doubters haven't seen anything yet! And many of you know what I'm talking about. We'll see who'll be laughing a few more years from now. The out-of-looper's will say they knew it would happen all along and that we had nothing to do with it. Right, they go back to shopping at Kmart. Hehe Haha

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » February 11th, 2015, 12:03 am

"Out-of-looper"?

Anyway, I don't think there are many people who are really doubting it would ever happen. I'm pretty sure all the doubt is whether they have any provable stake in it happening.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » February 11th, 2015, 12:18 am

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 11th, 2015, 12:27 am

That's hilarious. Especially since LukeNNicole was in it too

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » February 11th, 2015, 12:27 am

That's the "Drama" thread, which you need to be registered to see, so here's the post, by a site admin:
Well, as far as I can tell DerekM and LukeNNicole and Texas RE are all the same person. I've permanently brigged all profiles, but none of them seem to have logged on since I contacted him about the multiple profiles. I'll give him a bit of time to respond and then just ban all three if I don't hear from him.

Munch'n
Nicollet Mall

Postby Munch'n » February 11th, 2015, 7:46 am

Well shit, no supertalls for us. :cry:

Who was LuckNNicole anyways though?
Meet me in Wells

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » February 11th, 2015, 8:16 am

Interesting, I'm assuming that was discovered by looking up the IP addresses? It'd be interesting to know more about that.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » February 11th, 2015, 8:21 am

To those that do post on both forums, I have a polite request:

Please, please, please stop using "Urban" to refer to this site. I don't know why exactly, but it bugs the crap out of me. Seems it was started by nasa, but now some of you have taken it up as well. Even though I know you don't mean it as such, it comes off (to me) as being semi-derogatory*. Is it too much to ask that you type 3 additional keystrokes "MSP" to use the proper name?

*It kinda reminds me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_P ... epithet%29

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » February 11th, 2015, 8:42 am

Please, please, please stop using "Urban" to refer to this site. I don't know why exactly, but it bugs the crap out of me. Seems it was started by nasa, but now some of you have taken it up as well. Even though I know you don't mean it as such, it comes off (to me) as being semi-derogatory*. Is it too much to ask that you type 3 additional keystrokes "MSP" to use the proper name?

*It kinda reminds me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_P ... epithet%29
Eh, I tend to type similarly to how I talk, and out loud I say "Urban" when referring to this place. Everyone knows what I'm talking about and all it's meant to convey is the informality of the conversation. Just as someone can call me Jake instead of IllogicalJake or Jake Hamilton. There's no derogatory meaning to it... and I think you're only giving it that association because a few posters who do rag on this place also say "Urban." Obviously, if I'm in a setting where not everyone is familiar, then it's "UrbanMSP."

I mean, it's not like I don't understand where you're coming from, and I don't mean to respond negatively to your polite request... but I also think you're being picky for picky's sake here...

(plus, with the whole merger thing that everyone likes to ignore, this site isn't actually called Urban nor UrbanMSP. But nobody knows what the Streets.MN Forums are.)
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

trkaiser
Landmark Center

Postby trkaiser » February 11th, 2015, 8:48 am

Please, please, please stop using "Urban" to refer to this site. I don't know why exactly, but it bugs the crap out of me.
That's a strange request, Twincitizen... but OK.

DFPegg
Metrodome

Re: Ryan Nelson Today:

Postby DFPegg » February 11th, 2015, 9:38 am

I'm laughing at people's reaction to this retail resurgence downtown, these are the same people who doubted it would ever happen. We've been working on it for years, the doubters haven't seen anything yet! And many of you know what I'm talking about. We'll see who'll be laughing a few more years from now. The out-of-looper's will say they knew it would happen all along and that we had nothing to do with it. Right, they go back to shopping at Kmart. Hehe Haha
Did I miss something? Is that from a LinkedIn page?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » February 11th, 2015, 9:41 am

Yeah, I titled it Ryans post today

mog
Block E

Postby mog » February 11th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Yeah, I titled it Ryans post today
Wait, so the supposed CEO who speaks 10 languages wrote that?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » February 11th, 2015, 3:48 pm

(plus, with the whole merger thing that everyone likes to ignore, this site isn't actually called Urban nor UrbanMSP. But nobody knows what the Streets.MN Forums are.)
Point definitely taken on that. After the old URL goes away, we'll just have to see what natural shorthand or acronym develops for "streets.mn forum".