Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
go4guy
Foshay Tower

Re: Rumors!

Postby go4guy » April 16th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Sooooo. It has been a long time since the rumor of Retired Banker writing up a nice report of what he knows to be in the works. Any chance that is still coming to us? Have been looking forward to that for a long time.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » April 16th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Avian on SSC gave a small hint in the Twin Cities development forum, but that's all I can offer. Sorry.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » April 17th, 2014, 11:14 am

Among other things, the Ritz block will be a delightful surprise. Lots of negotiations ahead for all the pieces to come into place. Nice retail component. New brands to the Twin Cities.

Two CC hotel proposals. The shorter one is taller than you'd expect. Two Hennepin towers.

And the info has not been a long time in coming. It's hardly a heartbeat in development terms.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » April 17th, 2014, 11:20 am

Thanks, Avian. Much appreciated.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » April 17th, 2014, 11:39 am

Two CC hotel proposals. The shorter one is taller than you'd expect. Two Hennepin towers.
What does "CC" stand for? Also does this imply they are on Hennepin or that there are another 2 Hennepin towers for a total of 4 projects?

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » April 17th, 2014, 11:48 am

I assume he means two proposals for a Convention Center hotel where the county's Century Plaza building is right now.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » April 17th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Cool Avian! Thanks for sharing!

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » May 9th, 2014, 10:44 am

I wish I had a juicy rumor to put on here. It seems like there are so many projects that have glimmers of hope but so few people are in the know that we never hear news on them or there is a secrecy level where information isn't for the most part divulged.

MS3

Postby MS3 » May 16th, 2014, 7:06 pm

I wish I had a juicy rumor to put on here. It seems like there are so many projects that have glimmers of hope but so few people are in the know that we never hear news on them or there is a secrecy level where information isn't for the most part divulged.
Well I have one but I'm not going to mention it...If it continues to push ahead, I'll then see if its ok to spread what I know, but I'm not going to be the first. I will say this though- insight and knowledge of this will start eventually, and I think it could get the most posts of any thread on here. Lets hope.

SKOL
Block E

Postby SKOL » May 18th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Well I have one but I'm not going to mention it...If it continues to push ahead, I'll then see if its ok to spread what I know, but I'm not going to be the first. I will say this though- insight and knowledge of this will start eventually, and I think it could get the most posts of any thread on here. Lets hope.
This IS a rumors thread so anything goes. I'd like to hear the rumor.

Regarding the Ritz Block renderings I asked a friend who works for Opus, and he said that this is just the residential building, and to expect a completely separate commercial building. From the renderings that we've seen is there room on this block for a separate commercial building?
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
- Samuel Johnson

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » May 19th, 2014, 9:03 am

That is rumor enough for me MS3. More would be better, but beggars can't be choosers... and I'm no doubt a beggar.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » May 19th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Yes, the leaked Ritz rendering is a conceptual drawing to shop around to potential tenants & investors. It does not resemble the final project at all. ;)

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » May 20th, 2014, 2:12 pm

^^^^Avian, you seem to be more in the know than just about anyone - are you aware of what SKOL is talking about?

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » May 20th, 2014, 4:58 pm

^ I don't want that reputation! :) All I can do is report what I hear at the moment. Things change, things get built, things don't get built. Right now, the Ritz block is a two-tower major project. It could deflate or get even bigger. How's that for a committed statement!

― Plato

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » May 21st, 2014, 9:40 am

A committed statement for sure... not addressing (maybe on purpose) my question about what SKOL is talking about - also for sure! It's all good though... I know some things have to be kept secret!

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » June 11th, 2014, 6:34 am

Seems like a lot of these rumors are becoming true.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » June 11th, 2014, 12:38 pm

^I'll also say the 10th and Marquette site owned by Hines is still very much alive.

― Plato

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » June 11th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Is that the surface parking lot on the NW corner?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » June 11th, 2014, 3:27 pm

http://gis.co.hennepin.mn.us/property/m ... 2924120101

It's actually two parcels: 94 10th St S & 900 Marquette. For comparison's sake, the combined parcels are a bit smaller than Nic on 5th or Wells Fargo Center. Just under 1 acre. The existing public alley in the middle of the block might have to remain or have alternate accomodations

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » June 11th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Thank you. It would make for smaller floor plates, so office may not be the best solution for the site.