Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Rumors!

Postby Nathan » October 30th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Just when I think this fuckin place can't sink into the cesspool any lower.....

Half of you go all Nazi Germany and demand we STOP talking about anything that doesn't have a shovel in the ground and now some leaked images hit this site and people involved in the project would like them removed and you basically take a "go fuck yourself" attitude about it. My God this place is a long ways away from the Twincityscape era.
Yeah, but we don't swear in fruitless anger, you realize this isn't twincityscape? Do you often go to Burgerking for a Bigmac?

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » October 31st, 2014, 7:16 am

The last several pages of this thread are kind of hilarious. It's a leaked photo of a possible development. Nobody is linking to highly classified State Department documents or Metallica torrents. Also, NAZIS!

FranklinAveFixation
Metrodome

Postby FranklinAveFixation » October 31st, 2014, 7:58 am

I think this would be a perfect location for a Trader Joe's . :lol:
These are all over the web. Here's another place that had them, apparently a scan of a leaked investor packet?
ImageImage
This is a hoax.. right??

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » October 31st, 2014, 8:06 am

Don't we have moderators for this reason? So that we, the forum posters, don't have to worry about this stuff? If a mod feels it's inappropriate for these pics to be up, then let them take them down. If there is some sort of consequence in their actions, you're not going to have to deal with it. So why worry? When I come on here I get excited when there is a new posting because I think there might be some new information about a project or a new announcement... this place has become more and more of a forum for everyone to whine and complain about what they don't like about each other, and less about the purpose of why we're here. Anyway, rant over.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » October 31st, 2014, 10:53 am

we await further updates from "the consortium". towers and 'scrapers and hotels oh my

Chef
Landmark Center

Postby Chef » November 1st, 2014, 1:09 am

They were taken down at both SSC and SSP but I guess those are classier places. Some people don't have a very good sense of right and wrong. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you ought to...

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » November 1st, 2014, 1:14 am

If leaking those pictures causes that particular project to not be built (because I guess people won't want to make millions of dollars if they got their feelings hurt?) then I'll call it a victory.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » November 1st, 2014, 6:26 am

What's the deal with people crusading on behalf of supposed ultra capitalists? If I'm following this right, one group of really rich people betrayed another group of really rich people. So why does it matter is low quality black and white images of the ugliest hotel ever suggested make it online? If that was anything more than some kid messing around on Photoshop, then a potential deal would be worth millions. I'm sorry but über capitalists are on their own.

That's why it's hard to believed these claimed real estate veterans when they have such a difficult time with skepticism and leaks. I know of y'all perform seances nightly in hope it bring about the next supertall, but chill on the white knight stuff.

The only non anonymous defender of these people is enrolled in high school.[img]frog_drinking_tea.jpg[/img]

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » November 1st, 2014, 11:37 am

I've got your back!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 1st, 2014, 11:47 am

I'm done. Please delete my user.
Last edited by grant1simons2 on November 1st, 2014, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » November 1st, 2014, 12:40 pm

I think it's really cute how I've been vilified over at SSC for having a healthy amount of skepticism about all of these grandiose development rumors flying around, yet the moment something is actually verified to be (probably) true with supposedly real renderings, we suddenly have to take a step back and pretend like we never saw anything. Okay, sure. :roll:

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 1st, 2014, 12:51 pm

The non-anonymous high schooler could have a chance to be an intern with these "uber capitalists" during the summer.
Advice: If someone's actually making a hiring decision, even an intern hiring decision, based on whether said candidate is white knighting them on the internet, you need to think long and hard about whether they're someone you really want to work for.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Neptune
Block E

Postby Neptune » November 1st, 2014, 12:52 pm

Does this thread offer anything of value to anyone anymore? It's like the Matt Kalil of UrbanMSP.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

I think this thread fills its role perfectly.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 1st, 2014, 1:13 pm

I'm done. Please delete my user.
That's a shame. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

nate
Landmark Center

Postby nate » November 1st, 2014, 1:23 pm

I'd like to join team "God Damn That's an Ugly Building", if there's room for one more :D

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 1st, 2014, 1:30 pm

IDK, downtown's been sorely lacking in spaceships since the Metrodome came down.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

nBode
Union Depot

Postby nBode » November 1st, 2014, 1:48 pm

I actually think it looks alright if you get rid of the hula hoop thing and the weird crown and then surround it with some mid-rise-type-things.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 1st, 2014, 1:49 pm

I think this thread fills its role perfectly.
Yup. Best to leave it unmoderated methinks

Minneboy
US Bank Plaza

Postby Minneboy » November 1st, 2014, 7:18 pm

Think of it as Minneapolis's own Eiffel Tower.