Satirical Instructional Video for Driving Etiquette

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
architect
Block E

Satirical Instructional Video for Driving Etiquette

Postby architect » July 22nd, 2016, 9:02 am

About 15 years ago I was in drivers ed in high school, and another student had brought in this instructional video for driving etiquette, particularly in the Northern Midwest (I'm pretty sure it was Minnesota, but it could have been ND). This video was very satirical. A good portion of the film was dedicated to illustrating the proper technique in greeting other drivers on the road, e.g. the EXACT timing of your hand gestures and how to position your hand on the steering wheel to optimize efficiency in waving to oncoming traffic. There was more to the film, but I can't remember the rest. We watched the video 15 years ago, but even then I remember it being an old recording. It could have been created in the 80s...

Has anyone seen this video? Or have any advice on how to find it? I've spent a good half hour trying various search terms in Google with no luck!

Architect

KML_1981
Nicollet Mall

Re: Satirical Instructional Video for Driving Etiquette

Postby KML_1981 » July 22nd, 2016, 10:32 am

You are probably referring to the "How to Talk Minnesotan" satirical instructional video often played on TPT.

architect
Block E

Postby architect » July 22nd, 2016, 12:28 pm

You are probably referring to the "How to Talk Minnesotan" satirical instructional video often played on TPT.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's it! Thanks!

Architect

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » July 22nd, 2016, 12:42 pm

I remember watching an incredibly racist video for my driver's ed class about 12 years ago. It had some pretty bad stereotypes. I just remember it showed a couple of black male drivers that fell asleep at the wheel. They were really dopey and reminded me of racist cartoons from way back. Did anyone else get shown that one?