Introductions

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: Introductions

Postby grant1simons2 » February 9th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Hello!

I'm Grant. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I have some high hopes of attending the UofMN for architecture. One of the best cities for architecture and progress is Minneapolis, and being 15 minutes away just makes it more wonderful! I love seeing all the new building progress picture, seeing them in the Fall only being partially complete sucked. I hope you guys don't use my age as some sort of defense or argument if we ever get in a debate over whether or not something should happen, or the design of the building. Loving the site so far! I misspelled my username so that's not great, but hey, I'll live :/.

Gonna go browse some suburbs posts now! Thanks for the time :D

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 10th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Hello!

I'm Grant. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I have some high hopes of attending the UofMN for architecture. One of the best cities for architecture and progress is Minneapolis, and being 15 minutes away just makes it more wonderful! I love seeing all the new building progress picture, seeing them in the Fall only being partially complete sucked. I hope you guys don't use my age as some sort of defense or argument if we ever get in a debate over whether or not something should happen, or the design of the building. Loving the site so far! I misspelled my username so that's not great, but hey, I'll live :/.

Gonna go browse some suburbs posts now! Thanks for the time :D
yup Minneapolis is a great city, and hopefully evolving and keeping up and becoming a livable city not just an architecture city! both would be awesome!

Nick, can you at least fix this dudes screen name? Lol

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » February 10th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Fix'd. Does anyone else want me to change usernames btw? To real names, hopefully?
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » February 10th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Is elfangor available?

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » February 10th, 2014, 11:50 pm

I've actually been hoping to change mine for a while now. My high school screen name is now just kind of weird. Can I change to Didier?

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » February 11th, 2014, 9:21 am

For those of us keeping score at home, do we get a cheat sheet when people change their names?

Didier = ?

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » February 11th, 2014, 10:04 am

I was Didier. My reign has ended.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » February 11th, 2014, 10:37 am

Perhaps we could include our maiden names in signatures for a period of time

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 11th, 2014, 11:12 pm

You can Change mine to Nathan... or like "Nathan (fotoap)" if that makes sense.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » February 18th, 2014, 11:04 am

So I've never actually came in and introduced myself, but here goes. My name is Tommy and I live on Ridgewood in Minneapolis. I have a true passion for urban development and living in a growing city. I love Minneapolis, but like many of you would like to see it grow and become more dense as quick as possible.

I'm 27 years old and work for Medica Health Plans out in Minnetonka.

Sara Bergen

Postby Sara Bergen » March 3rd, 2014, 9:05 pm

Hi. My name is....Sara Bergen. I moved to St. Louis Park about a year and a half ago after living in the Powderhorn neighborhood of Mpls for ten years. The move involved more culture shock than I anticipated. I also lived In Philly and Arizona. I work for the Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the community planning division.

I am interested in the SWLRT saga, and although don't agree with the chosen alignment, I am hoping it is built with the shallow tunnel option (I am sticking to politically feasible hopes).

I am hoping to connect with other people who are interested in seeing Minnetonka Blvd between France and Hwy 100 re-done so that it is safe for bikers, walkers, and drivers. Please send me a message if this is something that interests you. It would also be great to get the hwy 7/minnetonka blvd/france intersection re-configured.

I am also a mom to three crazy boys who are hilarious and finally get most of their pee in the toilet.

So where are the ladies on this forum? I mean I am pretty used to being surrounded by dudes, but it does seem odd that none of the introductions were from women. (That i could tell anyway, but I can be pretty dense sometimes).

Kudos to the all the posters on this forum--I have been really impressed and surprised with the civility, especially when most folks aren't going by their names.

web

Postby web » March 4th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Welcome Sara.
It does seem a little testosterone in here. speak up ladies!

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 5th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Yeah, I've seen a couple usernames that are probably women (I know I've seen a Jenny something), but one can never be sure on the internet. I'm pretty sure all the relatively prolific (400+ posts) posters are guys.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 6th, 2014, 12:20 am

Mulad is a girl.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 6th, 2014, 12:20 am

Just kidding.

talindsay
Wells Fargo Center

Postby talindsay » March 6th, 2014, 4:54 pm

The funny thing is, people make strange assumptions about gender. I've always assumed Avian was a woman just because to me that handle strikes me as feminine - but I have no idea. I've assigned gender to all of you in my mind, it would be funny to find out how often I'm right. Those of you who haven't met me, what's my gender?

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » March 6th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Sara, I believe I sat next to you at the SWLRT meeting in the SLP council chambers a few weeks back on the heavy snow day.

This will be my induction after being on the forum for many months now. I was born in SLP, grew up and graduated there, went to the U of M and graduated with a degree in City Systems and GIS.

-Lived in SLP for about 27 years on and off. Last time I was able participate in SLP's Vision Saint Louis Park on five of the various committees (I had excess time right then).
-Lived in Loring Park for a few years including Laurel Village for 2 years.
-Lived in Whittier for 2 years.
-Lived in Saint Paul physically next to O'Gara's for 2 years and served on the Snelling-Hamline neighborhood council, learned my lesson to find out if there is a bar playing music until 2am in the morning for our next home, but I miss dearly Snelby.
-From our next home as in Golden Valley for another two years in a too-large-home.
-I've been in Hopkins for the past five years in a just-right-size small home next to all the bike trails and Mainstreet.

Hey Sara, I don't live in Saint Louis Park now but I'm there every day because my daughter is in daycare there and my son is in the SLP middle school. I'd get involved in any kind of action to make cycling safer there.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 7th, 2014, 1:22 pm

The funny thing is, people make strange assumptions about gender. I've always assumed Avian was a woman just because to me that handle strikes me as feminine - but I have no idea. I've assigned gender to all of you in my mind, it would be funny to find out how often I'm right. Those of you who haven't met me, what's my gender?
I actually thought elfangor was a girl for a long time.

You? Your name is Tim Andrew Lindsay, or something like that, is what I've always assumed.

I know that Lancestar was a man because his signature had a link to his facebook (and his name was neither Lance nor Star, but other than that he was pretty much what you'd expect).

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 7th, 2014, 1:23 pm

It just dawned on me that you could be a female teacher's assistant named Lindsay, and it blew my mind.

sad panda
Metrodome

Postby sad panda » March 7th, 2014, 1:58 pm

I'm guessing talindsay is a guy. http://claoit.umn.edu/about/profile.php?UID=lindsayt

Also a piece of advice for those who don't want to be easily figured out site to site, don't share usernames: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Talindsay

By the way, since I don't think I've posted it yet, my name is Mark and I live in SLP on the border of Hopkins.