TCF Bank Building Redevelopment

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Re: TCF Bank Building Redevelopment

Postby seanrichardryan » October 28th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Have they completed any significant projects in the cities before though? There's a history of the city not being terribly amenable to out of town developers. There's a (good) chance they could be run out of town by the provincial development process here.
Please, tell me which developers have been 'run out of town' based solely on their home office address.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 28th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Yeah that sounds like one of those things that's said on SkyScraperCity by people who live in Burnsville.

Munch'n
Nicollet Mall

Postby Munch'n » October 28th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Yeah that doesn't really make much sense considering they will probably be having Ryan doing most of the paper work. If anything happens to this project it would be one of the components dropping out (residential or Hotel), I find it extremely unlikely both would though... I wonder how the apartments will be, they will probably be the most expensive ever built in Minnesota, and probably the first built exclusively for the very upper class.
Meet me in Wells

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » October 28th, 2015, 2:35 pm

The City Council wanted national and international developers to pitch the Nicollet Hotel site... didn't get a single proposal... Franklin is here and is talking about Minneapolis... partnered with Ryan... I doubt that they will be run out of town... The Duval proposal was disqualified for very real concerns about his being unable to meet the RFP criteria within the time table.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 28th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Some of our best buildings in town were developed by out of town developers during the late 80's. Hines is not really local, but they have their hands in some projects here in town. I'm sure our locals are not too pleased, as this will hopefully be a project that will force them to have to change their tune on how they will have to compete in the future. Any word if Magellan is the co-residential partner on this project? Franklin is a good developer and will hopefully bring some fire back to this city as far as future development goes.

Munch'n
Nicollet Mall

Postby Munch'n » October 28th, 2015, 2:55 pm

You could be on to something.
Meet me in Wells

MN Fats
Union Depot

Postby MN Fats » October 28th, 2015, 3:30 pm

You could be on to something.
...or on something.

Munch'n
Nicollet Mall

Postby Munch'n » October 28th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Here is the transcript
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3614806 ... nda&l=last
We are currently specifically working with a residential group and a hotel company to further evaluate the viability of this project, both of whom have committed like us to the the 100% ownership of their respective portions of this proposed new mixed-used tower.
apparently they commited

And here is an angry share holder...
Do you think it’s better to bring in friends and family to the Board than really people with solid read experience who are recognized as shareholder fiduciaries?
ouch
Meet me in Wells

Michael
City Center

Postby Michael » December 11th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Streetscapes: No tears for teardown of forgettable TCF Bank building:

http://www.startribune.com/streetscapes ... 361582301/

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » December 11th, 2015, 4:06 pm

No tears here either, but I will miss the utilitarian clock. Even though we all have smartphones on us nowadays, that clock always seems to come in handy for me. Basically, we need more public clocks.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » December 11th, 2015, 4:28 pm

No tears here either, but I will miss the utilitarian clock. Even though we all have smartphones on us nowadays, that clock always seems to come in handy for me. Basically, we need more public clocks.
Agreed.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » December 11th, 2015, 4:52 pm

It is too bad the 17-story portion isn't set for the wrecking ball. Clear it before people can get nostalgic for it, ;)

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » December 11th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Didn't some of the articles suggest that they were planning on re-skinning the TCF tower?

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » December 11th, 2015, 5:30 pm

I thought I read that too. I think that building is almost totally leased. If it wasn't the developers probably would have included it in their plans.

woofner
Wells Fargo Center

Postby woofner » December 11th, 2015, 6:28 pm

There is a clock on the part that will be torn down, too:

https://goo.gl/maps/ZzFwcNqb91y

This one is useful for more people, too, I'd think. I sure used to use it to time my power hours at 8th St Grill.
"Who rescued whom!"

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 11th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Hopefully they will at least reskin the lower 5 stories of the tower to get rid of that awful street podium. I find it hard to believe that they would reskin the glass portion of the tower. Would be an extra expense and a disruption to the tenants that are currently in the tower.

Munch'n
Nicollet Mall

Postby Munch'n » December 11th, 2015, 10:31 pm

I thought I read that too. I think that building is almost totally leased. If it wasn't the developers probably would have included it in their plans.
By TCF, so not for too much longer.
Meet me in Wells

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » December 11th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Hopefully they will at least reskin the lower 5 stories of the tower to get rid of that awful street podium. I find it hard to believe that they would reskin the glass portion of the tower. Would be an extra expense and a disruption to the tenants that are currently in the tower.
I was thinking the same thing. Even the top section could be lightened up with some lighter panels on the horizontal bands between the glass, and maybe some vertical elements added to the outside.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » January 4th, 2016, 4:55 pm

"With construction now targeted for next year, the development team would likely bring its proposal to the city for approvals as early as January." 10/27/15 TC Biz journal... Who thinks that we will see some initial plans/renderings this month?

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » January 4th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I actually checked the site and this thread to see if there was an update, so I guess count me as one person who expects a rendering soon.