Schmidt Brewery Apartment Conversion

The Most Livable City in America™
Tcmetro
Wells Fargo Center

Schmidt Brewery Apartment Conversion

Postby Tcmetro » July 20th, 2012, 10:39 am

Schmidt Brewery conversion into 261 apartments. All I could find on Google was a Finance and Commerce article. Any idea what stage this project is in??

http://finance-commerce.com/wp-files/im ... rewery.pdf

spectre000
Landmark Center

Re: Schmidt Brewery Apartment Conversion

Postby spectre000 » July 20th, 2012, 12:44 pm

They've been doing some preliminary site prep and abatement work around the various buildings for awhile. It's not full construction just yet, maybe in a couple more months. The partner (a neighborhood non-profit I think) w/ Dominium that plans to operate the commercial space has been doing some maintenance work on the buildings they'll be utilizing.

THERAT
Metrodome

Postby THERAT » November 16th, 2012, 1:14 pm

woofner
Wells Fargo Center

Postby woofner » November 16th, 2012, 3:04 pm

I gotta wonder if there are enough artists in this town to fill all the artists' lofts Dominium is building. Also, I assume they are not planning to reuse that slim grain elevator - it'd be nice if they could retain the skybridge somehow.
"Who rescued whom!"

Aville_37
Union Depot

Postby Aville_37 » November 16th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Love how they are planning to include a new brew house into the mix. Was curious about the old Hamm's Brewery redevelopment as well - here's a recent article. Will repost in it's own thread or create a new one if one doesn't already exist as well.

http://www.twincities.com/stpaul/ci_215 ... other-half

aguaman
Nicollet Mall

Postby aguaman » November 20th, 2012, 1:56 pm

that rendering shown in the strib is so horrible that the actual building could only look better. let's hope it looks significantly better. It will be so nice to have this space active again but i hope they take the time to do it right...

gcm
Nicollet Mall

Postby gcm » November 24th, 2012, 9:17 am

If they're going to build a micro-brewery on the site, it would be a shame if they didn't use the Rathskeller as the tasting room.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 26th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Nathaniel
Metrodome

Postby Nathaniel » November 29th, 2012, 10:37 am

Is it me, or is finding information on St. Paul development nearly impossible and unnecessarily difficult?

spectre000
Landmark Center

Postby spectre000 » November 29th, 2012, 11:27 am

Is it me, or is finding information on St. Paul development nearly impossible and unnecessarily difficult?
I don’t feel that way. You just have to know how to find the information. You can subscribe to the City Council, HRA, CTIB, Planning Commission meeting updates. District Councils hold development meetings as well. Some developers use Twitter, like Sherman Associates announcing they closed on financing for their West Side Flats project recently. I’ve largely given up on posting St. Paul updates given how little interest there seems. UrbanMSP might as well be UrbanMinneapolis.com. LOL.

*also, the Highland Villager is as good a resource as Finance and Commerce when it comes to learning about development projects around St. Paul as well.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » November 29th, 2012, 11:43 am

I don’t feel that way. You just have to know how to find the information. You can subscribe to the City Council, HRA, CTIB, Planning Commission meeting updates. District Councils hold development meetings as well. Some developers use Twitter, like Sherman Associates announcing they closed on financing for their West Side Flats project recently. I’ve largely given up on posting St. Paul updates given how little interest there seems. UrbanMSP might as well be UrbanMinneapolis.com. LOL.

*also, the Highland Villager is as good a resource as Finance and Commerce when it comes to learning about development projects around St. Paul as well.
What are we missing in St. Paul? My picture jaunts for Minneapolis already take up a whole day but I always love an opportunity to relive the 16.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

spectre000
Landmark Center

Postby spectre000 » November 29th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Three apartment projects are underway (Penfield, 2124 Grand, 2318 Marshall). Phase 1 of Victoria Park apartments is about to break ground. Nearby a beautiful new school (Nova Classical) just finished. West Side Flats should be starting in December. Sherman Assoc. just put up an advertising billboard for the commercial space. Ft Road Flats project just finished up on West 7th. There was a lot of demolition just wrapped on the old 3M land, a new clinic is under construction near the old 3M HQ's building. Demolition and site prep on an old Amherst Wilder property is underway in Crocus Hill for a dozen new million dollar homes. A Hmong Prep School has an expansion building under construction in Energy Park. Weis Builders just set up a trailer and signage at the Schmidt Brewery. C&E building and Pioneer Endicott renovations are well underway.

Then of course there's the CCLRT, Union Depot, O&M building is coming along nicely (they just put in the windows of the retail space fronting the Farmers Market). The new Hwy 52 bridge is making good progress too. There's probably 10-20 other projects and sites still in the planning stages.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » November 29th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Spectre, I am interested in St Paul developments! Please keep them coming.

bptenor
Nicollet Mall

Postby bptenor » November 29th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Me too! I frankly could care less about Minneapolis developments (sorry). I want to hear more about the saintly city.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » November 29th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Spectre, I am interested in St Paul developments! Please keep them coming.
second

THERAT
Metrodome

Postby THERAT » November 29th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Minneapolis, Uptown, the U of M will always dominate the discussions on these boards just from the size and quanity of projects U/C or proposed.

spectre000
Landmark Center

Postby spectre000 » November 29th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Minneapolis will certinaly dominate the baords, but when I posted that 2124 Grand and East River Apartments (2318 Marshall) were under construction, they didn't elicit one response. So it's kinda like what's the point. And when major news breaks like involving the DEED grant money for the Saints ballpark, it just brings snarky comments that the western metro's prized SWLRT is more deserving.

I'll try and post up some updates shortly.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » November 29th, 2012, 5:29 pm

I'll try and post up some updates shortly.
Thank you!
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » November 29th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I'm sure there are a lot of infrequent posters (like me!) who greatly appreciate your Saint Paul updates, Spectre. Until recently I lived in Saint Paul so I'm, in many ways, more familiar with Merriam Park or Midway than I am Uptown.

I think once the Green Line is up and running, development in Saint Paul should get a nice jolt (continued low apartment vacancy rates wouldn't hurt either). There are so many opportunities along University. Large market rate development west of Snelling and smaller or subsidized projects east of there should blossom. The next five years will be very exciting for Saint Paul. I'm very optimistic the Midway will become much more desirable place this decade. My dad worked in the Midway industrial area when I was a kid and the progress over the last 15 years along University between the U and Fairview is stunning. I can remember when the mcDonalds on Hampden was was of the nicest things in that area. Today those shabby looking warehouse buildings of my youth have new life. Hopefully, rail will push development further east.
Last edited by VAStationDude on November 29th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickP
Target Field

Postby NickP » November 29th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Does St Paul have a downtown/southwest journal like newspaper? I would love to read them.