The Finn - 735 Cleveland Ave - Edina Realty Development

The Most Livable City in America™
Suburban Outcast
Landmark Center

Re: 735 S Cleveland- Edina Realty Redevelopment

Postby Suburban Outcast » April 18th, 2015, 9:22 pm

I have a feeling that parking is still going to be pretty easy in that area. Even when I go to HPB on Ford and their lot is full, there has always been a spot on the street only a block or two away.

When most people complain about parking to me, it's usually that they are too lazy to walk a block or two.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 18th, 2015, 9:30 pm

I support the density here, but the building is ugly as sin.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Suburban Outcast
Landmark Center

Postby Suburban Outcast » April 19th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Which is a valid point as I'm not the biggest fan of the design either. I just wish the neighborhood opponents would put more focus on the design/appearance of a new development rather than the size of it and parking issues.

nickmgray
Union Depot

Postby nickmgray » April 20th, 2015, 8:41 am

When most people complain about parking to me, it's usually that they are too lazy to walk a block or two.
I totally agree. If you live in large city in Europe and own a car, you often have to circle the block a few times to find a parking spot at your apartment. You often start looking for parking spots 3-4 blocks away when your driving to a shop or restaurant. You learn to live with it and it allows you to walk the streets and enjoy the neighborhood. It's part of what makes city life better.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » April 20th, 2015, 10:11 am

I totally agree. If you live in large city in Europe and own a car, you often have to circle the block a few times to find a parking spot at your apartment. You often start looking for parking spots 3-4 blocks away when your driving to a shop or restaurant. You learn to live with it and it allows you to walk the streets and enjoy the neighborhood. It's part of what makes city life better.
Yep.

Just yesterday I pulled into the alley spot with Julian after delivering lunch to my wife (in Highland Park, in fact) and intended to head down to Penzy's for some stuff I needed to cook dinner (I wanted the good stuff for a special meal - we usually don't go there). It was past Julian's nap time but it was a great chance to get a walk in! I did that and when I got back I realized that I had forgotten to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store the day before.

^*&@%!

It was now well past Julian's nap time and I was going to have to walk another half mile to get groceries. For a split second I thought about strapping him in the car seat and driving just to save time. But nope, I said, that would be ridiculous and it's a total pain to get him in and out of the car seat multiple times anyway.

So we walked. It was 4:30pm by the time we got home, at least an hour and a half after the very latest we nap him.

But you know what? Everything was fine. He adjusted. I dealt with it. And I got another half mile of exercise in. And Julian got to say hello to multiple people in the store and on the sidewalk. He was tickled!

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » April 20th, 2015, 11:25 am

Yep.

Just yesterday I pulled into the alley spot with Julian after delivering lunch to my wife (in Highland Park, in fact) and intended to head down to Penzy's for some stuff I needed to cook dinner (I wanted the good stuff for a special meal - we usually don't go there). It was past Julian's nap time but it was a great chance to get a walk in! I did that and when I got back I realized that I had forgotten to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store the day before.

^*&@%!

It was now well past Julian's nap time and I was going to have to walk another half mile to get groceries. For a split second I thought about strapping him in the car seat and driving just to save time. But nope, I said, that would be ridiculous and it's a total pain to get him in and out of the car seat multiple times anyway.

So we walked. It was 4:30pm by the time we got home, at least an hour and a half after the very latest we nap him.

But you know what? Everything was fine. He adjusted. I dealt with it. And I got another half mile of exercise in. And Julian got to say hello to multiple people in the store and on the sidewalk. He was tickled!
Car seats are one of the best arguments in favor of walkability. I would much rather pull out the stroller and take my kids on a 1 mile round-trip walk to get groceries than deal with two car seats even just for one stop, and in fact make that choice a couple times a week. Especially in spring when they need constant adjusting because one day it's winter coat weather and two days later it's time for t-shirts.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 23rd, 2015, 2:08 pm

Linden Hills Hysteria, St. Paul edition.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_ ... -neighbors
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » April 23rd, 2015, 2:15 pm

I spoke with a friend who lives close to this, is also a realtor, and got to see a presentation from the developer to a group from the Highland business community. The developers was terrified about a negative response but my friend said the businesses were very positive. Seems the negative reactions are nearly entirely from residents.

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » March 11th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Heavy equipment is on site.

mulad

Postby mulad » April 10th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Big hole in the ground on the north end of the site, where there used to be a parking lot. The Edina Realty building itself appeared to be intact, but I only caught it out of the corner of my eye as the bus went by.

VAStationDude
US Bank Plaza

Postby VAStationDude » April 10th, 2016, 5:23 pm

I bike by the site frequently and can confirm Mulad is correct. Excavation started at least three weeks shop ago on the parking lot.

lorwest
Nicollet Mall

Postby lorwest » April 13th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Looks like this will be called The Finn.

The Phase 1 Construction Site Plan seems to indicate a phased build out of the north end first, presumably to allow Edina Realty to keep operating at the site throughout construction.

http://highlanddistrictcouncil.org/home ... na-realty/

aeisenberg
Landmark Center

Re: The Finn - 735 Cleveland Ave - Edina Realty Development

Postby aeisenberg » June 15th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Aaron Eisenberg / Realtor, Keller Williams Integrity
612.568.5828 / [email protected] / 1350 Lagoon Ave #900
http://www.agentaaron.com

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » July 26th, 2016, 10:25 am

Seems that a place called GENTS Cuts and Grooming has signed a lease here. Bills itself as a luxury barbershop.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » July 26th, 2016, 11:22 am

Edina has one of those on France next to the Potbelly and Pinstripes. I've never gone in. I'm perfectly happy with my corner barbershop at DLR and Nicollet.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 6th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 17th, 2017, 9:49 am

The Edina Realty/office portion of this has been done for some time now, and the other 3/4 of the building is around three stories now.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » September 12th, 2017, 5:59 pm

This appears done. People were working out in the Alchemy today, at least. Although the restaurant that's long been advertised to be going into the first phase still says coming soon.