365 Nicollet (334' - 30 stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
m b p
Nicollet Mall

Re: 365 Nicollet - (Opus Ritz block)

Postby m b p » April 14th, 2016, 5:00 pm

still working on the model. will probably update one more time, when finished.

matthew5080
Rice Park

Postby matthew5080 » April 14th, 2016, 5:34 pm

The model looks great!

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » April 20th, 2016, 11:26 pm

EdinaFootball
Block E

Postby EdinaFootball » August 10th, 2016, 1:38 pm

Is this dead?

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » August 11th, 2016, 7:02 am

That I am aware of, it's not dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 11th, 2016, 8:00 am

This was approved in September 2015. It's Opus. They own the property. There's no reason to believe it isn't moving forward, until we specifically hear that it isn't. It's a big project. Plans for a building this size take time to get finalized. In terms of obstacles to construction, there really aren't any: Opus owns the whole block and there are no existing structures to remove. Once they give a green light, it should move relatively quickly.

That said, it's too bad they didn't get underway this summer with Nicollet Mall being under construction, etc. As it stands, they'll probably start digging as soon as Nicollet has its "grand re-opening" later this year

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » August 11th, 2016, 8:38 am

Nicollet is under construction until at least late 2017. Also, if something doesn't happen soon on this block with a skyway connection then the Gateway project is toast. No Skyway-no four seasons, according to UPs project team.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » August 11th, 2016, 8:47 am

Of course, if United (Gateway) wants a skyway, I'm sure they could fund a skyway south through the Xcel block if the price was right. The Central Library is outfitted for a public skyway across 4th St, in line with the alley between 414 Nicollet and the old-ripoff-parking-ramp. Skyway over this alley, and you can then bridge 5th St to connect with Renaissance Square or the tiny building behind it midblock on 5th, or cut west to the existing Lumber Exchange skyway across 5th.

Related: Is the AC Marriott (Andrews Hotel corner, 4th and Henn) skyway-connected via Lumber Exchange?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 11th, 2016, 8:50 am

Ha, my bad...I thought Nicollet Mall would be mostly finished by November 2016. I now see that I was off by a whole year :oops:

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » August 11th, 2016, 8:51 am

The 4 seasons only needed opus to promise a future skyway connection, not have it completed. I believe they've reached that conclusion.

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » August 11th, 2016, 8:58 am

Ha, my bad...I thought Nicollet Mall would be mostly finished by November 2016. I now see that I was off by a whole year :oops:
You did get my hopes up for a second, but then I had to google it. :cry:

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 11th, 2016, 9:07 am

Related: Is the AC Marriott (Andrews Hotel corner, 4th and Henn) skyway-connected via Lumber Exchange?
Half-assedly. The hotel has a second-floor corridor that extends along the back of the ramp until the ramp floor slopes high enough to connect, then it opens into the ramp, which then connects to the Lumber Exchange. So there's a covered connection to the skyway, but not a climate-controlled connection. No idea why they didn't just spring to extend the corridor 30 more feet to plug right into the Lumber Exchange link.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Postby Qhaberl » August 11th, 2016, 11:31 am

Has opous received final approval for from the city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 11th, 2016, 2:10 pm

It was approved by the Planning Commission in September 2015.

For folks wondering why nothing has happened in nearly a year, this is a relatively huge project. We're talking about a 30-story, 368-unit building here. The plans that they take to Planning Commission only need to show a certain level of completeness in order to win land use approvals. You don't submit 100% complete plan sheets showing every last outlet and light fixture for land use approvals...that level of detail comes later when getting building permits.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » August 11th, 2016, 2:53 pm

It was approved by the Planning Commission in September 2015.

For folks wondering why nothing has happened in nearly a year, this is a relatively huge project. We're talking about a 30-story, 368-unit building here. The plans that they take to Planning Commission only need to show a certain level of completeness in order to win land use approvals. You don't submit 100% complete plan sheets showing every last outlet and light fixture for land use approvals...that level of detail comes later when getting building permits.
While it is definitely true that it takes time to get from LUA drawings to CDs...a year is a long time for that development (even for a "tower"). You'd be surprised how much you have to have figured out in LUA drawings because once you are approved, it is pulling teeth/turning the Titanic/other metaphors that illustrate difficulty to get the city to allow a change "administratively." Just about everyone I know in this profession has gotten burned on a clearance that was too small as drawn for LUA or a material that was too expensive but approved or any number of changes that were a HUGE deal when trying to get a permit without going back through entitlement.

I know everyone follows my posts religiously *ahem* but in full disclosure, in the Bottineau thread I was hammering on the idea that there is more contingency needed for a rail line than a building because a rail line is SOOOoooo long. My argument is that a great deal of a rail line is "typical" or duplicative of that next to it - construction/design is expensive when it is atypical, new, revolutionary, groundbreaking, and/or unknown.

I've never seen the design for this block but I'd wager that it is stacked floor plates and thus, "duplicative" (largely) in nature - since I've made an argument that length does not = atypical, new, revolutionary, etc for rail, I have to allow that the same principle applies to height if indeed the floor plates are stacked.

Many developers want to start digging the day that they get approved so a year is a long time to sit on an approval/continue development of drawings/design.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » August 11th, 2016, 7:41 pm

I still think that this is about the complexity of the partners... they have changed development partners a few times and when you add Four Seasons... I can't imagine that they would be easier / faster than a less premium brand... they seem to throw up embassy suites and other more economical brands... I know that the Four Seasons in Denver took many years to put together... I don't have specific information here. Hasn't Opus sold a number of properties in the past year? That would free up some capital when those sales transactions are complete.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 12th, 2016, 7:56 am

Wrong block. This is just Opus' 30-story apartment building. You're thinking of the United development on the city owned "Gateway" block to the north.

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » August 12th, 2016, 8:53 am

Must be something in the air - they're pulling permits

http://apps.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/PIApp/ ... 2924440013

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » August 12th, 2016, 9:14 am

Is there a feed or list or report of all new permits that get pulled, or are people just obsessively checking the permits on specific properties to find this stuff?

VacantLuxuries
Foshay Tower

Postby VacantLuxuries » August 12th, 2016, 9:21 am

I just saw Nick Magrino post it on Twitter, but I imagine setting up an RSS feed for permits pulled wouldn't be impossible.